New Sump!!!!!

vettesarebest

Market
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my new sump. I went from about a 2 gallon crammed with pumps to a 27 gallon. I am VERY happy with this new set up. Let me know what you guys think!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
50985=3315-Sump April 2007.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
50985=3315-Sump April 2007.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Sump April 2007.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
50985=3317-Tanks June 2007 (1).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
50985=3317-Tanks June 2007 (1).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Tanks June 2007 (1).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
50985=3318-Tanks June 2007 (43).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
50985=3318-Tanks June 2007 (43).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Tanks June 2007 (43).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
50985=3316-Tanks June 2007.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
50985=3316-Tanks June 2007.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Tanks June 2007.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Dude your new sump sucks.

:lol2:

I'm messin with ya. It looks good. Now it's time to go even bigger.

I had the tubes wrapped like that for heating issues. I know it probably doesn't do much but it also kind of looks better than green slimy tubes. That is a Euro Reef skimmer, I absolutely LOVE it! Worth every penny! AJ, I don't want to hear your attitude! lol

I would certainly go the stacked two rubbermaid route. Also make sure your rubbermaid has no feet. Those are what usually fail by cracking and leaking all over the place. Also, get a light and some chaeto in there... wasting a lot of space that could be growing some monster chaeto.

I may be able to afford this sump. It appears that the inlet and outlet are in the same area so you do not need to have baffles for bubbles? If you add chaeto how would you keep it from going through the pump and into the tank?

It's all about intake strainer sponges. Thats whats nice about Mag Drives is they come with them. There are no bubbles at all because of these sponges on the intakes off my pumps.

I have a CHEAPER way to prevent the sump from bowing! I did this when I was in college and on the ultimate budget. Rubbermaid or Roughneck Tote and about 10 wraps of Duct Tape around the top. You have to wrap the Duct Tape around and around on top of itself (so it just looks like one wrap wide) several passes when the sump is empty and not bowed at all. Then when you fill it up... no bowing. :D
I also agree that the Totes with the little feet in the 4 corners are a bad idea! They act like little pressure points and eventually the weight of the water in the Tote will eventually start to form a crack around the tiny plastic high point.
Have fun with all of you new room. :) :) :)

Back