New Sump!!!!!

IMO sponges suck. You have to clean them frequently or they get nasty. They tend to restrict intake on a pump which isn't good either. Better to just use a baffle and dump the sponge.

As for the money problem and chaeto, you can probably hook the whole thing up for under $20. I or Brandon will give you free chaeto and a light is pretty cheap. Won't be a great light, but it will work just fine.

Yeah I have Chaeto, I just need that $20.00. I haven't had any problems with the sponges on my intakes. I have only cleaned them once in 7 months and they work very well. But these aren't the real porous ones. They are more open.

You could still do the "Duct Tape Mod" to your Rubbermaid sump. LOL I just made that up (DTM). :D You might need someones help though to squeeze or "unbow" the container as you make the wraps around the top with the tape. It will work. :)

lol your crazy! I need to dig around for some duct tape now. I guess duct tape really does fix everything.

Sump looks good! Since it looks like it is in a basement do you leave it open? Any worries about dust, dirt, or bugs? What does the other side of the wall look like and how far is it to your tank?

caesar;51033 wrote: why do you have your tubes wrapped like that?
Another good reason to wrap clear tubing is to stop algae growth in them. You can get http://cableorganizer.com/wire-loom/">wire loom</a> in the Lowes and HD electrical sections that will fit nicely around tubing to block light. It also doesn't require and ties to secure it.

On the lighting for your cheato, get one of those 6500K power compact light bulbs they sell in Wal-Mart (they have a regular bulb socket base) for about $6 a pair and a clamp on work light for another $6 or so. They work great for growing cheato.

Budsreef;51542 wrote: Sump looks good! Since it looks like it is in a basement do you leave it open? Any worries about dust, dirt, or bugs? What does the other side of the wall look like and how far is it to your tank?

Thanks, yes it is in the basement and I don't have any worries about dust or anything else. However I do have to yell at my dog to stay away from it because he wont stop shedding.:boo: Speaking of that there goes a peice of dog hair in the tank.:roll: The other side of the wall is my tank. It is well just on the other side of the wall however far that is.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
51580=3339-pipes october 10 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
51580=3339-pipes october 10 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="pipes october 10 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
51580=3340-Power strips and ballasts Mounted.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
51580=3340-Power strips and ballasts Mounted.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Power strips and ballasts Mounted.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
51580=3341-wavemaster october 10 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
51580=3341-wavemaster october 10 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="wavemaster october 10 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

THere is your picture Budsreef and here is my NEW SUMP! lol.:thumbs: Mush better! No duct tape and its sturdy as can be. $62.99 at Tractor Supply!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
54061=3665-Tanks July 2007 (22).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
54061=3665-Tanks July 2007 (22).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Tanks July 2007 (22).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
54061=3666-Tanks July 2007 (23).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
54061=3666-Tanks July 2007 (23).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Tanks July 2007 (23).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
54061=3667-Tanks July 2007 (24).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
54061=3667-Tanks July 2007 (24).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Tanks July 2007 (24).JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yes they sure are, GSP, Cup Coral, Zoanthids, Maxima Clam, Frogspawn, Galexia. Is this big enough now AJ.

Vettesarebest;54075 wrote: Yes they sure are, GSP, Cup Coral, Zoanthids, Maxima Clam, Frogspawn, Galexia. Is this big enough now AJ.

:yes:
How much water did that sump to your system?

I think you made a good choice in changing to the second sump, those rubber maids get brittel and crack after time. Nice tank

Yeah even if I went and got another one to put inside of it and did the duct tape method, I still think it would have been a bad idea. Now I don't have to worry about it. I highly recommend this to anyone that needs a larger sump.

Back