New tank build!!!

jason sartain

Market
Reaction score
I'm about to go bigger to a 240 or 300 gal tank in the wall.:thumbs: I'm going to make one of my 75 gal tanks into a sump and I need any and all ideas on how to set this sump up the best way.The tank is going to be in a new "fish room" in my house so looks aren't that important.Do I put in baffles, or bio balls, or mangrove trees, or some kind of hair alage,or anything else?Please help me with this project.

Thanks for the reply!
Yes in the sump.As far as internal or external pumps I don't know what's best,what is your experience with either ?What about bio balls,should I use them or not?

I dont like have internal pumps just one more thing adding heat to the water. External pumps you cant beat a sequence pump. When you look a tank look at the 300 , 96"L X 30"W X24"T . Its the same tank as me and I got rid of my 240 that was 96"L X 24"w X 24"T just for the extra front to back and I love it.

I'm going to SKRIZ,tommorrow to look at a 72x24x31,so if I like it ,I'll go with this and I'll look at the external pumps for my returns,would the price be the same or close to the same as internal pumps?

Thanks Andre! He's right about my garage...it's a war zone in there!

External pumps are the best. They're more efficient and stronger than internals and they won't add heat to your water.

I currently use 2 brands of externals, Sequence/Reeflo and Panworld; the 2 best pumps out there.

As far as your sump, I would skip the bioballs. Add LR ort a fuge instead.

Back