front.jpg
alt="" />

closeup.jpg
alt="" />

wetcabinet.jpg
alt="" />

electcabinet.jpg
alt="" />

Reef Savvy....Nice! Saw on Facebook that they recently shipped a few to GA. Really like the Ghost overflow.

I saw your thread on RC yesterday. Very nice build!! I love the look of that tank!!

Very nice looking tank, feh. What does the title of this thread, New Tank Pr0n Anyone, mean? Typo or am I missing something?

Bgcoop8784;962406 wrote: Some forums don't like the use of the word po rn so the term pron started being used....

Oh, OK...........silly me!

That tank is definitely sexy!!!!

Looks Awesome... Curious to see what my reef savvy quote for a custom build is going to be!

Tank: Reef Savvy
24x24x20
3 sides low iron glass
Phantom bottom
Ghost overflow
black silicone

Equipment:
Eheim Compact 3000+ return
2x Eheim Jagger heaters
Seaside Aquatics ES5 skimmer
Neptune Apex Gold with WXM module and breakout box
Ecotech Radion Pro Gen 3
Ecotech Vortech MP40
BuildmyLEDs 12" Universal Refugium fixture with 45 degree optics, hanging kit, and dimming cable
Drews dosers for 2 part
Avast Marine Perstaltic pump for ATO
Synergy Reef Systems custom sump - probably best to just show a pic than list all the details. The only thing missing in the pics below is the 2nd float switch mount.

topdownsump.jpg
alt="" />

sideviewoftubing.jpg
alt="" />

Acroholic;962405 wrote: Very nice looking tank, feh. What does the title of this thread, New Tank Pr0n Anyone, mean? Typo or am I missing something?

I guess I was a lingo "vrigin" too, Dave :lol: I had no idea what that subject line meant either.

I guess we old farts need to get up to speed!

Nice tank! Very nicely thought out.

Jenn

very nice setup. i love the floating canopy. one thing i will say about the radion pro g3, its very powerful. i had to turn mine down cause it started bleaching some of my sps. i kept the same programming as my g1 which maxed out at 60% and over the course of about 2-3 weeks i noticed some bleaching so i wouldn't recommend having it max past 40% at least in the beginning.

Man, I wouldn't know what to do with something that nice, except to scratch it ;-)

This looks like it will be a popular build.I really like the sliding equipment drawer and the enclosed ATO and dosing chambers... how much do they hold?

oh... and thank you for wearing pants when you took that 2nd pic, I've been looking trough craigslist at some tanks, you wouldn't believe what gets reflected sometimes!

Nice set up can't wait to see it when your done

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sewer Urchin;962682 wrote: Man, I wouldn't know what to do with something that nice, except to scratch it ;-)

This looks like it will be a popular build.I really like the sliding equipment drawer and the enclosed ATO and dosing chambers... how much do they hold?

oh... and thank you for wearing pants when you took that 2nd pic, I've been looking trough craigslist at some tanks, you wouldn't believe what gets reflected sometimes!

I'm not one to sit around in my boxers, but I avoid Craigslist like the plague for a reason. Thats one of them.

Back side holds aprox 4.7 gallons of RO and 1/2 gallon each of 2 part. I can always reroute to another container when I'm out of town for top off water. I'm considering modding the ATO reservoir so I can connect my RO system and refill it that way using a horizonal float switch, but haven't decided. The idea of it failing makes me cringe and a float valve is just too much for the available space IMO.

what are those 3 tubes sticking down beside the filter return. There's a fitting at the top and a tube that goes almost to the bottom.

They're for the RO line that will connect to each container and to a dosing pump. 1 each for the ATO and 2 part solutions. The other end goes to the pumps. I wanted the acrylic tubing with the John Guest fittings to make things easy.

It's been a while since I updated. Got most of the wiring and plumbing finished. I've decided to change the refugium drain a bit and I'll take a pic once I've done that. I don't like the way the locline looks and bugs me. Still a few things to button up and adjust, but here's a few shots of where I am with the build.

closed-up.jpg
alt="" />

sump-cabinet.jpg
alt="" />

controller-rack.jpg
alt="" />

outside-plumbing.jpg
alt="" />

Back