New tank purchase advise

Ok. So months later ... and I did it. I bought a 93 cube and stand from Pure Reef. I had been thinking about it for awhile and was toying with some different sizes/shapes but finally realized that I kept comparing everything back to this set up.

Anyway, just wanted to thank all of your for your input and suggestions. I kept coming back to this thread at every stage of my decision making. As well as stalking the "Dry Goods and Livestock" sections of the site. Stocking up on supplies.

Thank you all again!!

vetshep;959112 wrote: Ok. So months later ... and I did it. I bought a 93 cube and stand from Pure Reef. I had been thinking about it for awhile and was toying with some different sizes/shapes but finally realized that I kept comparing everything back to this set up.

Anyway, just wanted to thank all of your for your input and suggestions. I kept coming back to this thread at every stage of my decision making. As well as stalking the "Dry Goods and Livestock" sections of the site. Stocking up on supplies.

Thank you all again!!
It was nice to meet you today and that beast of a dog you got there..!

heathlindner25;959137 wrote: It was nice to meet you today and that beast of a dog you got there..!

959207=54127-Hooch MCAH.jpg
>
class="gc-images" title="Hooch MCAH.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Hooch says hello! (you can ignore my poor coworker who sat down at the wrong time/place).

vetshep;959207 wrote:
>
class="gc-images" title="Hooch MCAH.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Hooch says hello! (you can ignore my poor coworker who sat down at the wrong time/place).

Is that a horse?

The doggie is a biggun all right, but I think the camera angle exaggerates the size a bit as well. Maybe a Mastiff for the dog breed.

Maybe Hooch from Turner and Hooch the movie? Hooch from the movie was a French Mastiff, or Dogue de Bordeaux. Mastiffs come in a variety of flavors. I don't know enough except to guess a Mastiff.

Dave,
He's a regular Mastiff (AKC) - sometimes called an English Mastiff. Hooch (Turner & Hooch) was a Dogue De Bourdeaux (French Mastiff).

In all fairness, the camera angle does excaggerate his size a bit but it is a funny picture. In reality, he is about 200 lbs (190-210# sometimes he over does it a bit and we have to cut back).
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
959360=54143-Hooch Mardi Gras Small.jpg
>
959360=54143-Hooch Mardi Gras Small.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Hooch Mardi Gras Small.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

vetshep;959360 wrote: Dave,
He's a regular Mastiff (AKC) - sometimes called an English Mastiff. Hooch (Turner & Hooch) was a Dogue De Bourdeaux (French Mastiff).

In all fairness, the camera angle does excaggerate his size a bit but it is a funny picture. In reality, he is about 200 lbs (190-210# sometimes he over does it a bit and we have to cut back).

He's a pretty boy.

Back