New to ARC!

Reaction score
I am in Druid Hills and am getting a 75 gallon saltwater tank. I want it to be an sps-dominant reef. I am planning to start with Zoas and go from there.

Does anyone have advice/want to share their water change setups. I am going to have my rodi system in the basement on a bench and I would like to hear what other refers are doing in order to have the most efficient/convenient setup.

Also if anyone has any live rock I would be interested in that (I don't have the tank yet but hopefully in two-four weeks) since TBS is closed due to Hurricane's Helene and Milton and Gulf Live rock seems to be out of stock.

Lastly if anyone has any advice/tips from their own experiences on how to be successful in general those are always welcome.

Thanks!

Check Facebook marketplace for food grade plastic barrels if you want to store a lot of RODI. They're available for cheap in all kinds of shapes and sizes. I got a pair of 77 gallon barrels, one for RODI and one for mixing saltwater. I drilled them to add rain barrel spigots (less than $15 for a pair on amazon), and built a ~2ft tall stand to put them on. That way I can dispense saltwater or RODI at will. I use the 5 gallon water jugs that people use for drinking water to lug water around. I also have my auto top off hooked directly into the RODI barrel.

I would highly recommended an auto shutoff for the RO unit so you don't forget it's running and cause a flood... Something like this: https://a.co/d/cunwvyB

Back