New to the area, familiar with the club.

scarson61

Supporting
Reaction score
Good afternoon ARC, Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sanford Carson and my family & I just moved to Powder Springs from Jackson, MS. I right now have a 60 gallon cube reef tank but had to thin out before I moved so I'm excited what some of the local stores have to offer. l'm somewhat familiar with your club 1) I came to MACNA in (2010 or 2011?). One of the MMA big events was being held at the same hotel that was hosting the MACNA and I remember the look of disappointment every time I stepped out of the elevator to a huge crowd but wasn't one of the fighters. 2) I went to one of your club frag swaps and ended up winning a 75 gallon bowfront aquarium but stupidly drove up in a Honda Civic. Luckily I knew one of the members from the Nashville area was there and he moved it to house until I could pick it up. I hope to be able become more involved with the club and hopefully meet some folks in person (post covid) soon.

Good to have another fellow reefer in West Cobb. I’m on the West side of Acworth. Ear Mars Hill and Stilesboro. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Gary

Thanks for the welcomes, I'm not totally sure where everything is yet. We live in Oakwind subdivision across the street from Vaughan Elementary School. The main thing I should ask yall about is the best local area fish store? I've been looking for a few good gorgonian to start growing in my tank.

Welcome! I think you will find that the majority of LFS advertised here on our forum are good places to do business. As has been mentioned, it just depends on what your needs are. I would recommend making a phone call to several of them before you venture out. At least then you'll know if they stock what you need. I look forward to meeting you at some point. Are you sure you're not one of the MMA guys??:)

Welcome - plenty of opportunities to fill your tank up from club members here.

What corals do you primarily keep in your cube?

Welcome! My go to is Pure Reef. It’s 2 miles from my house. It is always clean and has a great drygood selection in addition to livestock. I also try to make my way over to Nemo’s and Atlanta Aquarium in Duluth.

Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you and the family at a future event. We joined during COVID and haven’t gotten a face to face with everyone. Maybe we need to host a Zoom social like I attended at our virtual MACNA this year!

Welcome!!! I’m some what new too. Your story with winning the tank is awesome and hilarious! Welcome to GA! Welcome to the A! And welcome to ARC!! I wish we could add emojis!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome - plenty of opportunities to fill your tank up from club members here.

What corals do you primarily keep in your cube?
I just kept the softies for the move, I had to keep everything in a 20 gallon tank while movers stored my aquarium so hard choices were made. I eventually want to get back to a mixed reef. (LPS, softies, and easy to keep SPS). Only thing I don't want to get into again is the SPS only tank. While it might have been the prettiest tank I've ever kept, it also was the most heartbreaking when things went wrong.

Back