Next fish...Midas blenny vs YWG

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Need some yellow in the tank so I'm trying to decide between these two. Don't have any other blennies or gobies at the moment. I'm leaning towards the midas, not sure how well the YWG would get food, my other fish can be quite greedy at feeding time.

My two ywg get food the falls to the bottom. They are very timid and I
Hardly ever see them. I don't know how active the Midas blenny is, but its got to be more active than my
Gobies.

Acandoit;957582 wrote: Absolutely love my Midas. Super full of personality, active, and always in sight!
Completely agree...go with the midas blenny one of my favorite fish. Not timid at all like the gobies can be

+1 Midas all the way!
When you shop for it look for good, strong yellow color. When they are stressed they turn brown. If it's stressed at the LFS its more likely to be stressed in your tank. Since they don't make Xanax for fish I wouldn't take the chance and would pass on any Midas without perfect yellow color.
Additionally, take caution when adding it to your DT. Put it in at night, etc... Once they become stressed they sometimes NEVER overcome it and a brown Midas is no fun to own!
More info on RC.

My YWG used to let me pet it. And then I got the pistol shrimp. I don't see it as often now but it will come out regularly. But I'd still go with the blenny. It'll be far more visible and seems to have character. I loved my tail spot and love my bicolor.

Acandoit;957668 wrote: I believe Midas Blennies are sourced from a couple different places, with the African variety being noticeably more yellow. My blennie will change color as his mood suits, getting darker when he is sleeping. Being brown or gold, I dig him either way!

+1

My African Midas is one of my favorites! Great color, great personality, just have to cover and overflow if you have one.

Curtismaximus;957676 wrote: +1

My African Midas is one of my favorites! Great color, great personality, just have to cover and overflow if you have one.

+1

I was pulling a rock of Zoas out to frag and mine jumped. I didn't see it happen and found it 5 minutes later. I was to late :(

Back