Next Gen Neptune Apex released

EnderG60;1085853 wrote: Im the opposite, I see nothing that makes it worth it over the previous model, its ugly as hell and a lot more expensive.

I dont see much point in the wifi, Id be worried about it not communicating over distances though a house. I would not trust that and thats why mine is hard wired.

They could have done the same thing with an upgrade to the software and new internals in the energy bars to allow individual monitoring. But then again, I had no reason to upgrade from my AC3 aside from it getting fried.

On the thread on their support site Terrance said the the current Base module doesn't have the power for 1 new EB8 let alone multiple.
I do hope some for the improvements and be made to a firmware update though.

Thought I read that the EB8's won't work on the new unit... that kinda bites. Gotta take some time to catch up on the new stuff.

that is ugly as hell. i love my current apex, and it would be nice to have the wifi and 1 touch updates but imo the added features are not worth the extra cost. i love the color orange but as previously stated this thing looks like it was built by a toy manufacturer. honestly it looks cheap because of they orange and grey plastic. and looks a good bit more bulky too

Well, maybe some of the early adopters will have their apex gold units up for cheap :) something to keep an eye out for.

Well. looks like they are dropping the prices on the full Apex system most of are used to. BRS just lowered the price to $449 for a "Classic Apex" AKA Full Apex.

Saw this on FB.....

https://www.neptunesystems.com/faq-for-customers-about-the-next-generation-apex/">https://www.neptunesystems.com/faq-for-customers-about-the-next-generation-apex/</a>

I believe that it has a credit request for people that just bought Apex Gold systems

Sewer Urchin;1085884 wrote: Saw this on FB.....

https://www.neptunesystems.com/faq-for-customers-about-the-next-generation-apex/">https://www.neptunesystems.com/faq-for-customers-about-the-next-generation-apex/</a>

I believe that it has a credit request for people that just bought Apex Gold systems[/QUOTE]

"We have a program for those customers that have purchased an Apex Gold (for the full price – didn’t already get $100 off) on or after April 15, 2016 whereby they can receive $100 credit in the Neptune Systems online store. Click here to fill out an online form to claim this credit if it applies to you."

ghbrewer;1085883 wrote: Well. looks like they are dropping the prices on the full Apex system most of are used to. BRS just lowered the price to $449 for a "Classic Apex" AKA Full Apex.

I think I should clarify my previous statement a bit...

From what I know so far they are dropping both the Apex "Gold" and the Apex "Standard Grade" once the the new one comes out. So there will probably be some nice deals available on those while everyone tries to get rid of their stock.

The Apex "Lab Grade" is the unit they will be keeping to sell along side of the new unit as the Apex "Classic". As far as I have been able to confirm with Neptune it there is no price drop planned on it and will continue to sell for $550.

And nothing confirmed yet on the Jr.

Jakub

Orange...?
Best thing I was hoping for them to bring was some flow meter sensors, something to keep an eye on things like the uv, chiller, and denitrifier.
As said before, Neptune, as a company has stated before the risk on running apex trough WiFi, unless the bridge between apex updates and communication has been improved, who wants to loose communication with it being out of the town?
I'll stay with what I have, unless they start changing the platform (Fusion) to deviate costumers to obligate them to unnecessarily invest on the newer units... marketing.

joseayes;1085918 wrote: Orange...?

Orange, black and gold look really sweet together but who has a black and gold DD :eek:

joseayes;1085918 wrote:

I'll stay with what I have, unless they start changing the platform (Fusion) to deviate costumers to obligate them to unnecessarily invest on the newer units... marketing.

Never crossed my mind. I sincerely feel Neptune has more integrity than to debauch any of their products. Hope my faith is accurate because that would be VERY disappointing!

BRS sent out an email yesterday afternoon about select Neptune products having a price drop.

Guess its time to load up EB8's... soon the will be collectors items like DC8

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Ringo®;1085889 wrote: "We have a program for those customers that have purchased an Apex Gold (for the full price – didn’t already get $100 off) on or after April 15, 2016 whereby they can receive $100 credit in the Neptune Systems online store. Click here to fill out an online form to claim this credit if it applies to you."

Son of a....one month to early:doh:

Camellia;1085946 wrote: Never crossed my mind. I sincerely feel Neptune has more integrity than to debauch any of their products. Hope my faith is accurate because that would be VERY disappointing!

OK, ok, orange and gold in a Harley it's awesome no doubt! :thumbs:
But the orange to match every piece of equipment in the reef, that would be kind of hard hehehe, I've seen the Grey and black theme, red and white most likely for the vertex equipment but haven't seen much for orange :D

I hope for the same in the Neptune reputation, they always have been a great company with their products, I had the AC3 a while ago and they even would keep it up to date with the firmware, they never left the first products obsolete.

i could swear that the Apex spokesperson who came to our meeting not too long ago said point-blank that they're still recommending actual cat5 line because they're conscious of EMI and that for a small area, i.e. our tank area, it's just better to have those cable lines.

but to his credit, he's just a salesperson/spokesperson, so he may not be privy to the R/D side of Apex.

So if eb8's won't work, how do you expand outlets? Do they have a new one coming I assume?

I think that the new energy bar (EB832) is not compatible with the current Apex system
Can I use the new Energy Bar 832 with my Apex Classic?

No. One of the best features in this new Energy Bar 832 is the power monitoring. To accomplish real-time power monitoring on eight outlets (or even more if you have more than one EB832) requires system resources, such as onboard memory and processing power, that is just not available in the Apex Classic. Sometimes this happens with technology, you have to keep moving it forward but to do so you cannot keep forward compatibility going on forever.

So as a long as Neptune continues to make EB8's... it's all good. But a similar thing happened before with the DC8 for the ACIII controller.

Yeah, it's just that the new one is not compatible with older base units. You will still be able to buy and use Eb8's with both units, for the time being. No telling what they might do in the future, but it seems like a non-issue ATM.

Back