No clue what's going on in my tank?!?

does it kinda look like a bio wheel or does it hold carbon?

i do have that but i use it. i have seen spare parts for it at aquarium showcase and petland alpharetta.

blind1993;116528 wrote: does it kinda look like a bio wheel or does it hold carbon?

i do have that but i use it. i have seen spare parts for it at aquarium showcase and petland alpharetta.

All look around for something... thanks.

And, Matt... glad things are back to normal in your tank! Appreciate you sharing so I can get in on this learning experience.

:)

Is it possible that your skimmer cup filled up with normal skimate and overflowed back into the tank? When this happened in my tank, just a little raw skimate flowing back into the tank makes my skimmer go crazy just like what you have in your picture...

Schwaggs;116563 wrote: Is it possible that your skimmer cup filled up with normal skimate and overflowed back into the tank? When this happened in my tank, just a little raw skimate flowing back into the tank makes my skimmer go crazy just like what you have in your picture...

Schwaggs,

It took about 1-2 minutes for the skimmer to go from an empty cup to what you saw in the picture!

------------------------------

Linda,

Water quality is key to keeping anemones! Run some of the basic tests on your water to make sure you are reading 0 for Ammonia, nI, nA, salinity (SG), ph, temp, etc.

Additionally, see if the anemone will eat, a thawed shrimp, diced finely, will do nicely.

hth,

Matt

dawgdude;116590 wrote: Why do you dice it finely? I have always had mine eat whole Krill. Is this bad for them somehow?

Finely diced food is easier for the anemone to digest, there have been reports of anemones regurgitating larger foods several hours (usually at night since most folks feed in the evening) after they have eaten.

If the anemone is doing well with the way you feed it, I wouldn't worry too much about dicing it, unless you want to try it out... :)

I use a turkey baster to feed my nem... fwiw.

MattTVI;116587 wrote: Linda,

Water quality is key to keeping anemones! Run some of the basic tests on your water to make sure you are reading 0 for Ammonia, nI, nA, salinity (SG), ph, temp, etc.

Additionally, see if the anemone will eat, a thawed shrimp, diced finely, will do nicely.

Matt

Thanks! Is there a way to absolutely know for sure if the 'nem is eating? The clown feeds it constantly... flakes, pellets, diced shrimp, squid, octopus.. tucks food down in there, but I can't actually see the mouth because the anenome is so big and fluffy. I just asume it's eating, because I don't see anything pushed back out.

Back