No more cyano

Congrats! Out of curiosity, how high did your PO4 get? I'm dealing with something similar and can't decide if it's cyano or something else.

Cool! That's about where I was and about where I am right now (0.162). Honestly, I hadn't tested my upstairs tank for phosphates in long, long time. I finally did when I noticed a rust colored film on the sand in low flow areas. If I let it grow, it bunches up it cyano. As it stands now, it's just a light covering in a few very specific areas. Thanks for the info and I'm glad you had success with a lanthanum chloride based product.

Cool! That's about where I was and about where I am right now (0.162). Honestly, I hadn't tested my upstairs tank for phosphates in long, long time. I finally did when I noticed a rust colored film on the sand in low flow areas. If I let it grow, it bunches up it cyano. As it stands now, it's just a light covering in a few very specific areas. Thanks for the info and I'm glad you had success with a lanthanum chloride based product.
Get er done brother

Back