noises comming from the tank

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
i am hearing this high pictched noise comming from the tank like someone is rubbing some rubber on the glass, what could this be?

theplatypus;209748 wrote: It might be someone rubbing rubber on the glass.
unless if the fishes have imaginary friends i cannot see no one is rubbing the glass.

Maybe one of the fans in the canopy going bad? Ballasts can make sounds as well.

LorenK;209788 wrote: Maybe one of the fans in the canopy going bad? Ballasts can make sounds as well.

i have no fans but ill try and see if it is comming from the ballast. what sound does a mantis shrimp make?

it is not constant, plus i just cleaned the pumps yesterday.

the noise comes like every 15-60 min, it hurts my ears and happens right when i start getting focused to my homework.

magum 350 hooked up to protien skimmer(not it)
2 402 powerheads
heater
extreme nova t5 retro
30in pc

thats it

unplug things one at a time, since you know the sound's schedule it should be easy to weed out.

tebriel;209851 wrote: unplug things one at a time, since you know the sound's schedule it should be easy to weed out.

Yep, what he said!

And if that doesn't work, it's the boogeyman! :shout:

Its the fish screaming to get out because it can't stand the people in the walls rubbing rubber against the glass.

its the fish screaming let me out before he drops a rock on me :D sorry I could help myself

Actually, that makes complete sense.

Blind, you think it might be the spirit of that yellow tang? You should have someone come out and exorcise the tank.

DannyBradley;209970 wrote: The only thing that makes sense to me in the situation is ghosts. It's science.

LorenK;209990 wrote: Actually, that makes complete sense.

Blind, you think it might be the spirit of that yellow tang? You should have someone come out and exorcise the tank.
Or you know who to call

1-800-GHST-BSTR

"No job is to big, No fee is to big"

i know it is comming from the right side of the tank/ where all the ballast are.

Barbara;210070 wrote: Does it only happen when the lights are on? I have found that my SE metal halide bulb or ballast makes a high pitched, shrieking noise when it powers up sometimes. I attributed it to age (either the bulb or the ballast). I can't really pinpoint which device is making the noise, but I know it's the light system and the noise does stop once the bulb is fully illuminated.

Good luck finding the problem.

It was nice of you to try and help, Barbara... but I already said it was ghosts. I'm sure he appreciates the help, but the mystery is already solved. It was old man Jenkins from the amusement park.

Back