Nosey Blue Line Pump 100HD HELP PLEASE!!

reef insane

Market
Reaction score
:shout:Need help please. It's not the impeller, it's not the cooling fan, it's not hot, just insanely noisy to the point I'm starting to get very very concerned. Blue Line support wants me to just send it in but they don't understand that I just can't unhook it and let my live stock perish, they are no help. Does anyone know who sells these in Atlanta or actually closer to Buford?? Hoping to rent one till I get mine back or buy one if I have too. Mine is just over a year old and "Marine Design" where I purchased it is closed down.

Thank you Please

Now I'm not really sure what I can do about your nosey pump other than to tell it to mind its own business :tongue:, but I know that MRC up in Lawrenceville has BlueLine, I'm pretty sure they are wholesale only, but they have a retail store SEA as well. It never hurts to ask though. Hope that helps

Back up's are always a must. Hope you find a replacement soon. Sea has the whole line in those pumps

Sent from my LG-LS860 using Tapatalk

What size pump? I may have something that will work. Not a blueline but a working pump.

nickg;956834 wrote: What size pump? I may have something that will work. Not a blueline but a working pump.

I believe his looking for a comparable to the 100hd blueline

Sent from my LG-LS860 using Tapatalk

If it's "noisy", I suspect you've got a bearing going out. It'll have to be rebuilt. There are two bearings in these pumps along with 1 or 2 seals (I can't remember). Each bearing is about $40 as well as the seals. Then you have the labor to remove and install. I think you're best bet is to quickly find a replacement (either direct replacement or something similar) and get the pump offline before anything else happens to it. If the bearing is already shot (and I'm betting it is....I have a lot of experience with pumps) and the armature inside drops even a little bit, the motor winding will be ruined and you've got a boat anchor instead of a pump.

This is an ideal case where redundancy (backups) are a must. You should have a spare of any critical part that keeps your tank running.

Thank you all for the advice and help.. I'm definitely going to pay SEA a visit tomorrow and bite the bullet on another pump and just send the " noisy pump" in for repair so I'll have a spare. I have to have a large pump to flow water from the basement sump room to my tank on the next floor. It's weird I just went downstairs to check on the pump and it was quiet. It depends on its mood.. I just don't need any more problems with my system.

I have 2x 100HDs in Stock, 3x 70HDs in Stock, and 2x 55HDs in stock.

I would think about getting yourself new pump and then sending in your existing one to get fixed then use it as a backup when it gets back to you.

I believe that Mr. Jeff is correct in that it is probably a bearing causing the noise. And just like he mentioned it probably not worth the trouble or money to rebuild it yourself =/

Back