nova fixtures

krb

Market
Reaction score
anyone have any thoughts on or experience with the current Nova extreme T5 fixtures. I am planning on switching from 130W PCs to 96W T5s and Drs F&S has this fixture on sale.

Prod_Display.cfm

My only input is Petmountain has it cheaper and the shipping is free. Sorry can't help you any other way:

a>

I think jorge has one of those on his 30L and everything is really happy with the light. He has softies, lps and some sps. Great polyp extension and nice colors. The only thing that I would reccommend is having seperate reflectors per bulb, I dont think this fixture comes that way.....but you can get those thu sam I'm pretty sure and I think they can fit in that fixture, but dont quote me on that. As far as what kind of PAR output it has as is, I'm waiting on jorge to get the PAR meter so we can test it. I think if youre looking for a T-5 fixture and dont want to be worried with a retro kit, this is prolly a nice choice.

I don't think the individual reflectors would fit into the fixture, even if the old reflector was removed. The most narrow reflector is the old TEK reflector which is 2 1/4" wide. I've seen these fixtures, and if I remember correctly the bulbs are spaced about and inch and a half apart. A true DIYer could make it work, though!

check this thread out. I had some of the same questions and there is a good amount of info in this thread.
showthread.php

thanks for the input. I think I will go with the retro kits. I didn't notice it didn't have individual reflectors.

Ya go with indivisual reflectors, that is one of the many things I learned at SWU this weekend! ;)

Xyzpdq0121;39783 wrote: Ya go with indivisual reflectors, that is one of the many things I learned at SWU this weekend! ;)

Yeah, I tried to make that point on a forum on Myspace, but noone ever listens to me :boo:

wbholwell;39797 wrote: Yeah, I tried to make that point on a forum on Myspace, but noone ever listens to me :boo:

MySpace sucks. Especially since it is seriously exploited, and is used to distribute spyware/adware, and other exploits that can be used to steal information form your computer, such as any and all locally stored usernames and passwords, as well as anything else in your auto-complete history.

we have one of the 8 bulb fixtures at the store. the extra bulbs compared to a 4 bulb fixture seem to cancel out the negative effects of no reflectors. well not really negative effects, rather it makes up for the lack of fixtures. we are using these in two of our frag tanks and keeping sps with success. but if at all you can, go with the individual reflectors, i think itd be cheaper overall

Back