Nudibranch?

copepod

Reaction score
Am I safe to assume these are nudibranchs? Also should I be worried about them?
c257da1db0e4d3b09d9fe4e5f80af28a.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civics14;1106525 wrote: Definitely a nudi, but not sure if it's safe or not, doesn't look like a monti eating one tho

Thanks! I'll keep my eye on them.

I'd remove it. Chances are it's a coral muncher.

All nudibranchs have very specific feeding needs, so chances are there's some kind of coral that it likes to eat.

Look for others too - they usually aren't alone, unfortunately.

Have you had any mysterious coral deaths lately? Especially leathers or similar?

Jenn

Totally random... but is that a limpet photobombing in the background?

If so you are lucky - those are nice to have and hard to come by.

Jenn

JennM;1107010 wrote: Totally random... but is that a limpet photobombing in the background?

If so you are lucky - those are nice to have and hard to come by.

Jenn
Didn't know that. I've got a few hundred of those.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Well that's the funny think. There is no coral in my tank. I have never had any. This was live rock which I recently found out is from Puerto Rico. So it all came with the rock. I am just saving it until my real tank. There are 3 or 4 in the little 16g Nuvo.

BrandonMason;1107011 wrote: Didn't know that. I've got a few hundred of those.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Limpets are AWESOME for controlling colonial hydroids. Somebody the other day had hydroids and I suggested limpets.

If I ever decide to get this nano going (it's still in the box) I'll hit you up for some. They are hard to come by.

Jenn

copepod;1107012 wrote: Well that's the funny think. There is no coral in my tank. I have never had any. This was live rock which I recently found out is from Puerto Rico. So it all came with the rock. I am just saving it until my real tank. There are 3 or 4 in the little 16g Nuvo.

I would keep it on the DL that the rock came from PR... pretty sure it's not legal to collect. :eek:

JennM;1107014 wrote: I would keep it on the DL that the rock came from PR... pretty sure it's not legal to collect. :eek:

It's farmed there off the coast is what I was told. They apparently take base rock and have places sectioned off. I dunno. I bought it online.

I didn't even notice that limpet when I took the photo. Lol.

Back