OCEA LLC still in business?

Well, I'll grant you that... they are very proud of their products! ($$)

Jenn

JennM;343222 wrote: Well, I'll grant you that... they are very proud of their products! ($$)

Jenn

While initially doing research on having a custom tank made I had a friend that owns a store contact DSA, as I do like their tanks. For the money that they wanted just for the tank I could have a custom tank, stand and hood by either Miracles in Glass or Aquarium Obsessed.

If I am forced to buy a pre-built tank then I would probably buy a Neo 185.

RealFish;343196 wrote: Ask me about my recent experience with DSA before you go that direction.

Can you provide me with a few details, if you don't mind? I have considered purchasing a Neo 185. If you don't feel comfortable posting it here feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

It was a custom tank. I think you would be fine ordering one of their stock tanks. Matt at Creation has a 185 in stock that seems like a very fair price. I believe it's $1200, $635 for the stand and may a couple hundered for the canopy. Very nicely built tank.

I recieved my tank from Ocea about a month ago. Its very well built and TY was a great person to work with, he took the time to call or email me when he thought there might be a problem with some of my ideas. The price is right at Ocea for the 180gallon 72x24x24 for less than $700 it was a steal. I could'nt find anything local that could come close within a couple hundred bucks. And he was very generous when he had an issue with delivery $$$ refund.

I have spoken with him when I recieved my tank. He was stating that he was extremly busy right now as he apoligized for being a little behind. I would purchase another tank from him when the time came. If they where still around.

I now his website has been under construction for a while, but most of us now how hard it is to get our website people on the ball. Unless we do it ourselfs.

This is just my opinion.

Heres the email adress I used to get ahold of him
a>

William1, that will barely get you a decent 120g these days from Ty. He's gone up on his prices to avoid ticking off his retail customers. Those of us that got in early, got a great deal!

WILLIAM1;343568 wrote: Heres the link from the website 72x24x24 180 gallons $609.00
http://oceallc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=77&zenid=u9cq6vqtgend0p8thh3fejba62">http://oceallc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=77&zenid=u9cq6vqtgend0p8thh3fejba62</a>[/QUOTE]

But all the old extras now cost money. Plus I think it's $100 for shipping as well. Also, I'm not 100% sure that oceallc.com is not his wholesale site while his original page will be his retail side. Don't get me wrong, he builds a great product at an attractive price. It just used to be better a few months ago. This time, I wanted someone who had some vision and good communication.

I can agree with the vision and comunication there two important parts.

Back