Ocellaris Clowns and Anenomes Geat Story

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
Ill make this short but I hope it helps those who were in my situation.

Everyone wants a true perc, Onyx, Darwins or something cool to host with the BTA. I was/am no different.

I had 2 awesome Oscellaris Clowns, healthy and beautiful but, as far as I know they were tank raised and never wanted anything to do with an anenome (as far as I knew)

I bought the ever famous BTA. Just a green one from Tim but healty and nice. My clarkies took to it VERY quickly and everything else was cornered becaus ethe clarkies wouldnt let anything near that side of the tank.

I finally caught my clarkies and they are now in a 150 gallon tank, they were large and needed it.

Well, smy oscellaris clowns must have learned somethin because tonight they are hosting with the BTA. I really think the clarkies showed them what to do.

I just thought that was totally cool and maybe it would be worth borrowing or getting a clarkie to show your other clowns what to do with your BTA.

congrats now i hope my darwins would host but they are to bussy zipping back and forth threw the tank lol

any other tips for encouraging my false percs. to host in my anemones?? I've got 2 false percs. that I've had for about 2 years now, and 3 anemones (2bta's and 1 sebae). Any tips for "coaxing" them would help.

I have heard quite a few times sometimes if you can get a pic of a clown like your hosting an anem. And tape it to the side of the glass near the anem. That sometimes gives them the hint..

I have a clarkii that's devoted to the BTA. Too darned devoted. Nips me repeated every time I put my hand in the tank. Doesn't hurt, but almost always startles me, even when I'm expecting it. I've knocked over and even broken corals when I've jerked my hand out of her way.

I'd offer her as a *loaner/teacher*, but I'm afraid things would get broken. This gal is like a bratty toddler protecting her favorite toy in Romper Room.

I know the only reason my false are hosting it is because of the clarkies...no doubt in my mind

tnyga;111398 wrote: I know the only reason my false are hosting it is because of the clarkies...no doubt in my mind

Congrats!

You should loan them out as surrogates!

Thats neat. I hope to upgrade to MH and would love to see my clowns host. I think thats its a really neat thing to see.

Great story Russ. Maybe there's hope for my Ocellaris and BTA yet!

Geehh;111514 wrote: Maybe there's hope for my Ocellaris and BTA yet!

Funny thing was, My wife said well maybe your "Orange" Thingies will "play" with the "Enemy" now that the Big Old Black Ones are gone.

I was like, "Look honey, they are tank raised they dont know what to do..they WONT host with it i NEED 2 more that WILL". Being the wife she says "Fine, Whatever" and walks away.

Sure as S***, the next day the Orange Thingie was playing in the ENEMY....Go figure...I hate being wrong like that!

tnyga;111523 wrote: Go figure...I hate being wrong like that!

I've been married long enough to know that I'm always wrong--even when I'm right! :unsure:

The little Oscellaris that has now become hosted by the anenome is a LOT darker than he was a day ago?

Anyone know why that would happen??

Is it possible this isnt a tank raised oscellaris clown?

Linda Lee;111394 wrote: I have a clarkii that's devoted to the BTA. Too darned devoted. Nips me repeated every time I put my hand in the tank. Doesn't hurt, but almost always startles me, even when I'm expecting it. I've knocked over and even broken corals when I've jerked my hand out of her way.

I'd offer her as a *loaner/teacher*, but I'm afraid things would get broken. This gal is like a bratty toddler protecting her favorite toy in Romper Room.

First time my Clarkii went after me I slung water all over the walls and ceiling it startled me so bad. After that I got Aquagloves, he was afraid of the big purple thing in the tank, but not the flesh colored arm!

Back