Ode to a Red Spotted Blenny

curator

Market
Reaction score
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">I purchased a Red Scooter Blenny and I'm fascinated by it. I was drawn to it colors, making it blend in with coraline until it moves. It does a lot of gliding and "walking" on its fins, as opposed to swimming, and when it gets upset the dorsal fin comes up and looks like a beautiful stained glass window. Is there anything special I need to know about it? How does one differentiate between a male and female? </span></span>

Mine dissapeared after 4 days. But don't let that stop you from keeping this wonderful fish!! It is really pretty. Look at it's eyes.

They are actually dragonets, which are one of the heartbreak groups of fish due to their food habits. Google mandarins, and you'll see everything that youll need to know.

Did you get a Red SPOTTED Blenny? Or a Red SCOOTER Blenny? Big difference...

texhorns98;349502 wrote: Did you get a Red SPOTTED Blenny? Or a Red SCOOTER Blenny? Big difference...

He's right. They are totally different......

Is is a Red SCOOTER Blenny; I first typed red spotted and when I edited my post, it wouldn't let me edit the title.

OOOOHH! Well, I had a red spot blenny, so ignore my comment about the red spot blenny. Scooter blennies are so interesting.

Back