oops....

1mbrews8

Market
Reaction score
So I am thinking my calcium will be 7 million tom when i test lol!

Was adjusting and using the BRS calc, and I accidentally put in 2 part cal solution instead of my dry calcium chloride crystals in the figures....

so I put in 48oz when I should have only put in 8oz...

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

WC tom I guess and I'm getting some stuff from the CC live sale too. Hope I don't lose anything :eek:(

at least it wasn't an ALK mistake..

6x the calcium to be added will just make everything grow overnight won't it?? :eek:)

of course.you will be lucky if you tank does'nt crack from the coral growth.keep buckets at the ready

1mbrews8;1006411 wrote: at least it wasn't an ALK mistake..

6x the calcium to be added will just make everything grow overnight won't it?? :eek:)

Can I pick up some frags this weekend?

Honestly I wouldn't be able to go to sleep without doing a WC. Good Luck, post back!

my buddy had a massive calcification overdose a few weeks back. we set up his dosing pumps on some timers and the calcium timer got stuck on overnight for some reason and dosed half a gallon in an aprox. 175-200g system (not sure what the actual volume of water in the sump is). our expirence is as follows. tanks in that system were super cloudy for days. ph and alk were only slightly affected both dropped a few points, so nothing to worry about. did 2 30 gallon water changes that day. his shop was closed on the weekend so i set it up with a magnum canister filter with a micron filter cartridge and dosed the system with some clarity. he came in on monday and did another 30 gallon water change. he said he noticed some slimy jelly looking stuff covering rocks. i came in later and did another 30 gallon water change. i saw the jelly and i couldnt tell what it was either so i left it alone. tuesday-friday the system got clearer and clearer we did 2 more 30 gallon water changes through the week and everything got back to normal. oh and we took most of the coral out of the system just to be safe. fish and other inverts and some clove polyps and a mushroom got left behind as they were attached to the glass. everything managed to survive but a sally lightfoot crab and an emerald crab. i threw a piece of red monti cap in to make sure stony corals would be okay over the weekend and it lived so we moved everything back the following week. moral of the story......... do a crap ton of water changes.

nothing looks worse for wear this morn... I will test for the heck of it, then WC before the CC stuff comes. Hopefully to avoid stressing it out more by doing it after it is acclimated..

thx guys!

1mbrews8;1006402 wrote: So I am thinking my calcium will be 7 million tom when i test lol!

Was adjusting and using the BRS calc, and I accidentally put in 2 part cal solution instead of my dry calcium chloride crystals in the figures....

so I put in 48oz when I should have only put in 8oz...

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

WC tom I guess and I'm getting some stuff from the CC live sale too. Hope I don't lose anything :eek:(

So what does CC stand for? i dont want to miss a live sale:) we all have the durrr moments...some more then most(me).haha

bcrueter;1006483 wrote: So what does CC stand for? i dont want to miss a live sale:) we all have the durrr moments...some more then most(me).haha

I'm guessing CC is cherry corals

Yeah definitely be thankful it wasn't alk. You'd have mass death. Calcium overdose could cause some precipitation and obviously throw off your natural balance ratios with mg and alk. Should be ok though.

Tested my alk this morning and got 13dkh... Almost had a heart attack. Tested again and was at 8.2dkh where I normally am. The thoughts that go through your head at that point. Thank god!

CC = Cherry Corals. Couldn't remember if we were allowed to say it or whatnot..

I did a WC just to be sure but tested before.

CAL was only up a bit so maybe I'm in the clear? I wonder if the calc meant add 8oz of just the Calcium Chloride in crystal form?
Mine was mixed so maybe I looked at it right?

I'll test again in a few hours to see WC results..

Back