Operations Manual

I leave this for my wife when I go on business trips usually in the early fall. Of course I can be reached by phone, but at least 2 or 3 days before I leave I let her take over while I am there. That is also why there is not a lot of info. I also like to keep it simple.

PUT AC on in morning!

LOOK at tank 4 or more times a day especially when you first wake up and when you come home from work and right before you go to bed. Check all areas of tank & sump including water levels, drip trays, pumps, & skimmer.

Check doser to make sure it has correct display (if not-hold down first 2 buttons to reset)
If you see a snail on gravel upside down, please don’t touch corals, but turn him over with long scraper.

AM

1. rinse hands, no soap
2. put nori seaweed on clip
3. dose AZ-NO3 using test tube (higher of the 2 lines-this is once a day)
4. rinse hands
5. clean skimmer if needed (shut off switch to pump)
6. turn on skimmer
7. add water if needed
8. turn central air conditioner back on if off or on heat
9. make sure all pumps are on & all is good
10. look at doser to insure that it has correct display
11. check drip tray
12. FEED parrot: All are 1/3 full A. Left=sunflower seed or carrots B. Back right=water C. Front right=food

PM
1. rinse hands
2. check skimmer, water levels (all areas- ? might need to clean blue filter that goes to main compartment chamber. If you do, shut off main pump by turning switch off on battery backup!)
3. Turn pump back on by pressing test button on battery backup
4. rinse hands
5. seaweed
6. drain shrimp (food) in white net for 5 minutes
7. put food in tank (give it 5-7 minutes only)
8. check drip tray
9. add water as needed

POWER OUTAGE:

Minor: make sure water does not overflow & reset doser by pressing first 2 buttons together

Major: generator (leave on porch with exhaust facing street) shut main off to house (on "Tim's side). Without dying plug in DOUBLE MALE extension cord into outdoor receptable first! Then plug into generator receptacle! Shut off all of my lights & and take the only plug out of my APC battery backup and plug the into the far left receptacle behind the fish tank. Leave the heater plugged in too! That's it! Call me or Jerry ASAP! (hopefully before you start generator!)

Back