Opinions on larger halide reflector

Play in' but give them a call.....just sayin'......I got a got a deal....and so could anybody

Edit: What the hell, just give them a call and get quote.......

I thought I was going to spent 400 too 800 on fixtures.....lol....i could not believe that they said, sure we will make them them for you you, give us an extra day or two...

just an FYI: on a great experience.....and inexpensive!

arrived today, a week early

two, 400 watt moguls connected together....

brand new custom fixture....

168.05 including shipping

attachment.php

Ralph,
That looks great. I don't know, but there is something wrong with that price. It is too cheap. I am not saying that is not the price you were given or anything, but think about it. Hamilton is giving their products away at that price point. I don't know how they could price that out like that and stay in business? I know you triple confirmed the price with them. I just wonder if the person that priced it out for you really knew what they were doing? Nothing to do with you and not your problem, of course, just seems too cheap.

A single Mogul reflector without splash glass is $129 from their resellers. I can't see how they could do a double custom for the price you paid without it being a lucky error?

I don't know. Maybe I don't know what I am talking about?

I think they are discontinuing those style reflectors. so I could see the price if that is the case. While those reflectors work well they do not compare to the cozumel in performanc if they are the reefstar and they did not change them in the past year or so. Albeit a good reflector.

Acroholic;888468 wrote: Ralph,
That looks great. I don't know, but there is something wrong with that price. It is too cheap. I am not saying that is not the price you were given or anything, but think about it. Hamilton is giving their products away at that price point. I don't know how they could price that out like that and stay in business? I know you triple confirmed the price with them. I just wonder if the person that priced it out for you really knew what they were doing? Nothing to do with you and not your problem, of course, just seems too cheap.

A single Mogul reflector without splash glass is $129 from their resellers. I can't see how they could do a double custom for the price you paid without it being a lucky error?

I don't know. Maybe I don't know what I am talking about?

ok, you got a point ...I went by price off checking account, lol....

I really asked Dave if the wires were included because it was too cheap....:wow2:

mysterybox;888481 wrote: ok, you got a point ...I went by price off checking account, lol....

I really asked Dave if the wires were included because it was too cheap....:wow2:

Well, either way lets have some pics of the other side of your great buy!!! I just replaced my LumenMax Elites with some Cozumel Suns for better spread and less spotlighting. I didn't get the killer deal you got, however, hehehe! Here they are in place.

CIMG5444_zps9c4d78ca.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Acroholic;886974 wrote: Lee,
That is one thing that concerns me. I am not sure how translatable a horticulture reflector is to a reef tank? Most reef halide reflectors will either use all mirror finish like the LumenBrights, or a combo of Hammertone/mirror like the Lumenmax elite or LM Large does.

I was wondering if you need some mirrored finish to penetrate the water in a reef tank, vs just going through air like in a plant growing situation? Maybe some hotspotting is needed to penetrate the tank water, whereas no hot spots is preferable for plant leaves in open air?

When I have the LM Elites too low, there is definite and unattractive (IMO) hotspotting in the tank, not because the LM Elites are not good reflectors. They are great, but I may be asking them for too much spread in a tank 40" front to back.

Edit:

I'll take a look at your thread. I have the same setup: Hamilton ballasts and Radium 400 watt bulbs.

I was leaning towards the Quadray setup, but after reading this post about the Hamiltons, I may do them instead. Maybe the 2" extra L x W of the Quadrays is not that big a deal. One thing about the Quadray is you can position the bulb up or down in the reflector, which is cool, like focusing a flashlight, but you cannot center the bulb in the fixture, it doesn't look like. You can center the bulb in the Hamilton reflector.

dave i know the sunlight supply fixtures were for both hydroponic and aquaculture check out atlantahydroponics

falos;894688 wrote: dave i know the sunlight supply fixtures were for both hydroponic and aquaculture check out atlantahydroponics

There are no hydroponics places that carry the LM Large reflector, as far as I could find. Too late now, as I have the Cozumel Suns and am very satisfied with them.

Back