Opinions on metal halide bulbs

dartfrog

Market
Reaction score
Would love to get everyones expert advice on which bulb to get. I'm replacing a 250 watt bulb in a new Outer Orbit HQI/T5 fixture. The one that comes with it is bit too yellow. Quality and color is more important than price in my decision. Thanks in advance for help.

Another vote for Phoenix 14K (though I only have personal experience with the 150/175W version)

OK I guess this discussion is over 'cause I just ordered one from Aquabuys. Thanks!

I like the color of the Phoenix 14 but i'm just not getting the par that i though i would

Mockery;264111 wrote: I like the color of the Phoenix 14 but i'm just not getting the par that i though i would
I get pretty descent par out of mine.
parreadingscopy.jpg
alt="" />

John what your getting by the candy cane is what i'm getting at the surface!!
I think my reflector is bad

Mockery;264211 wrote: John what your getting by the candy cane is what i'm getting at the surface!!
I think my reflector is bad
Could be a crappy reflector or ballast is underpowering the bulb

johnr2604;264240 wrote: Could be a crappy reflector or ballast is underpowering the bulb
YOu know i never thought about the ballast, that could be something to look into cause about a week ago i came down stairs and the light was not on. I think i'm going to look into find one to test with thanks john

Back