Opinions on Nano Cube

zapped82

Market
Reaction score
If you were buying a new Nano Cube what would you get? Would you get a 12g, 24g or a different size? Would you stick with the basic PC lighting or go with the HQI? Just trying to get a couple opinions from people.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Zac

I really like the Solana that just came out. Ask Sam at Aquabuys about it.

well, if you go with the HQI - there is no question as to wether or not you will need a $$chiller$$. But if you have the money then buy the HQI with the chiller. Dont buy a 12g - definetly go with the 24g. If you want SPS and clams then buy the 24g nano "just the tank" not the hood that comes with it. And buy seperatly the 150watt viper light. I think aquabuys sells that setup "you can buy the tank with the viper light."

Thanks Guys,

I'll have to look into both of those things. I like the look of the Solana from what I could see but would be interested in about what they're running $$ wise. I couldn't find much info in a quick search.

Do you think the Viper light will put off enough heat that I would need a chiller as well? I would prefer to stay away from that if at all possible due to the $$ but definately like the idea of having the HQI so I'm not limited in my selection of what I can put in the tank.

Thanks!

Zapped82;106907 wrote: Thanks Guys,

I'll have to look into both of those things. I like the look of the Solana from what I could see but would be interested in about what they're running $$ wise. I couldn't find much info in a quick search.

Do you think the Viper light will put off enough heat that I would need a chiller as well? I would prefer to stay away from that if at all possible due to the $$ but definately like the idea of having the HQI so I'm not limited in my selection of what I can put in the tank.

Thanks!

I don't know about the viper light, but I run a 150 Watt Sunpod on my 20 gallon. I don't use a chiller; I run the ceiling fan while it's on. I don't have a top (lid) on my tank. I have two koralia nano's near the surface for agitation with my flow. My temp stays around 82-85 degrees. A bit high, but my corals (Softies, LPS, and SPS) and livestock are doing fine. Also, my tank is upstairs where it is the hottest part of the house.

I had the 12G nano, nice setup. If I did it again, I would definatly get the 24G and would get HQI, even it I had to get a little chiller. I had heat problems with the 12 with PC lights too...

i have a 12 gal with a 70 watt hqi and i dont have heat issues but if i had the 150 i probably would but then i would try a fan first

Back