ORA Frags

RedEDGE2k1;266143 wrote: And I want to ask nicely which competing sponsor I was promoting? ORA is not in Atlanta, they are not an ARC sponsor, and they do not sell to hobbyists. They only sell to stores.

You guys need to chill out with all the defensiveness around here.

Again, I never said you did promote another store, so you need to quit getting all defensive, I'm defending my workplace.
I'll insert quotes pertaining to your post below.

chauwall;266145 wrote: Keen Reef has a bunch of ORA "colonies" if you will. I saw them yesterday and they are all encrusted on the plugs and beautiful! I picked up a mini- 3/4" red planet with 3 new heads growing out already. But he's got larger Pearlberry, Bellinis, Tricolor Validas, Red Planet, the new Bird of Paradise Birdsnest, etc.

And he's having a sale of buy 1, get second for 30%. Check them out for sure!

Derek_S;266095 wrote: Old thread, but several stores here do sell ORA. Keen Reef, Pets Unlimited, and I'm sure others.

Actually Keen carries a huge selection usually.

Oh, and Marine Fish's acros may not be ora, but they are cultured, and many are very nice. Just not from a company with marketing like ORA. They actually may be even better if they are cultured in synthetic salt since ORA actually cultures in natural seawater, which none of us use.

Corigan;266102 wrote: Creation Reef up here in woodstock carries ORA frags as well. Nice ones too. I still want one of those Joe's, a plum crazy, and a blue voodoo. I am just needing to clear out and make some room for them.

Matt

Not jumping on anyone in particular because I even did it to one of my best friends. It doesn't matter, we've been through this on ARC before, people promote another sponsor on say MF's page for example, and it goes south. I just wish ethics would kick in and say, "Maybe I shouldn't do that".

jmaneyapanda;266144 wrote: Agreed. Ill move it now.

Thanks J.

chauwall;266147 wrote: Oh sorry. I didn't know this post is under MF.

And sometimes that happens, but I just wish it didn't so much. Sorry to drag you into it Chau.

I really like Marine Fish and think they have very clean tanks and top quality fish. I got a yellow coris wrasse there and is a champ!

Sorry about the previous post. Over and out.

RedEDGE2k1;266143 wrote: And I want to ask nicely which competing sponsor I was promoting? ORA is not in Atlanta, they are not an ARC sponsor, and they do not sell to hobbyists. They only sell to stores.
Steve was directing that statement to me as well as the gentleman who said another store other than Marine fish, this was not directed at you.

Sorry Steve, I didn't see it was in the Marine fish forum or I would not have posted another sponser's store name in your guys forum. I love Marine fish, was in there yesterday and spent a bill or two.

Matt

I wasn't going to comment on the thread, but since it has been moved to a non-sponsors forum.

I sell ORA corals and have done so for well over a year. Matter of fact, I have at least 60 ORA SPS in stock.

I don't "frag" ORA Frags unless FedEx did so for me. Or as they grow out in my display, then I frag them, just as a hobbyist would.

Moving on to fraging Maricultured colonies. If I sit on a colony for 6 weeks and no one buys it, I frag it, why would I continue to sit on it? Doesn't make sense from a business prospective. Now, I do make more per colony by fraging it, but I also take a great risk of loss from the stress of fragging. I usually make decent size frags, but some times small pieces break off, instead of throwing them away, I try to save them. Also, a lot of people would rather pay $10 to $25 for a frag than $70 to $100 for a colony.

I usually don't sell the frag until a week or so after the fragging takes place. I have some that are fully encrusted, but do remember that not all SPS encrust and some grow extremely slow. Actually I can name several ORA that don't encrust or come only partially encrusted. Wow, do you think I used the word Encrust enough in this paragraph? :D

Anyway, just thought I would throw my opinion on the topic out there.

Thanks,
Tim

Yep I picked up several from Tim yesterday (buy 2 get 1 free!!!!).
All the ORA "frags" were mounted on ORA plugs so I know they are what they are suppose to be.
tim8111;266217 wrote: I wasn't going to comment on the thread, but since it has been moved to a non-sponsors forum.

I sell ORA corals and have done so for well over a year. Matter of fact, I have at least 60 ORA SPS in stock.

I don't "frag" ORA Frags unless FedEx did so for me. Or as they grow out in my display, then I frag them, just as a hobbyist would.

Moving on to fraging Maricultured colonies. If I sit on a colony for 6 weeks and no one buys it, I frag it, why would I continue to sit on it? Doesn't make sense from a business prospective. Now, I do make more per colony by fraging it, but I also take a great risk of loss from the stress of fragging. I usually make decent size frags, but some times small pieces break off, instead of throwing them away, I try to save them. Also, a lot of people would rather pay $10 to $25 for a frag than $70 to $100 for a colony.

I usually don't sell the frag until a week or so after the fragging takes place. I have some that are fully encrusted, but do remember that not all SPS encrust and some grow extremely slow. Actually I can name several ORA that don't encrust or come only partially encrusted. Wow, do you think I used the word Encrust enough in this paragraph? :D

Anyway, just thought I would throw my opinion on the topic out there.

Thanks,
Tim

jason sartain;266253 wrote: Yep I picked up several from Tim yesterday (buy 2 get 1 free!!!!).
All the ORA "frags" were mounted on ORA plugs so I know they are what they are suppose to be.

I did the same thing this afternoon. I left work early and drove over. I didn't intend to buy anything, but we all know how that goes. "I'll just go look since I've never been before" turned into a $165 purchase. I just couldn't pass up the Buy 2, Get One Free deal.

Thanks!
Dustin

RedEDGE2k1;266283 wrote: I did the same thing this afternoon. I left work early and drove over. I didn't intend to buy anything, but we all know how that goes. "I'll just go look since I've never been before" turned into a $165 purchase. I just couldn't pass up the Buy 2, Get One Free deal.

Thanks!
Dustin

What did you get?

RedEDGE2k1;266305 wrote: I got the Red Planet, Tri-Color Valida, and Pearlberry. Pics to come.

I have a simple point & shoot digital camera and this is the best I can do of the 3 frags I bought today from Keen Reef :)

010209FlashOff.jpg
alt="" />

010209FlashOn.jpg
alt="" />

Back