Out of GFO! What would you do?

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
In the last few weeks I've doubled my livestock (bio load) and added a handful more CUC.

On Wednesday I started to change out GFO (about a cup) and remembered I'm out. Ordered more on (rus) but didn't get it yesterday.

PO4 is 8+ (Red Sea)

Was wondering if I should rinse this (two week) old GFO that's been in the canister off-line really good with RODI and run it until I get the new order tomorrow or Tuesday?

Water change. Gfo wouldn't get it low enough over night. Plus stripping to fast could impact coral.

8+:wow2: man I thought that I was in the red when my phosphates went to .04 since I've stopped gfo and trying nopox

if your po4 is that high I would look into what is causing it...
something seems amiss there to me.
vac the sand and do a 2-3 changes this week
That wont directly impact it, but you may see a drop next week.
Often our tests show us what HAS happened.. so don't adjust too much on the fly

I'm hoping she means .08 because I don't think Redsea tests can even read anything past like .60

aXio;1076510 wrote: I'm hoping she means .08 because I don't think Redsea tests can even read anything past like .60

Your right darlin, oops

I did do a W/C that night after yall scaring me, lol

Got GFO the next day and everythings happy.

Sorry, I hate text kits and don't test often even tho I've got them all (Red Sea from you Jakub).
This is the 2nd time I tested and posted numbers wrong, I'll do better! Promise :))

Camellia;1077105 wrote: Your right darlin, oops

I did do a W/C that night after yall scaring me, lol

Got GFO the next day and everythings happy.

Sorry, I hate text kits and don't test often even tho I've got them all (Red Sea from you Jakub).
This is the 2nd time I tested and posted numbers wrong, I'll do better! Promise :))

All good! Was just worried for you! Unless you were trying to start an algae farm with phosphates that high! =)

aXio;1077154 wrote: All good! Was just worried for you! Unless you were trying to start an algae farm with phosphates that high! =)

lol, no Sir!

You know me better than that, as I drill your staff with questions every visit :)

Thank you dear

Back