Out Of Town Meltdown

nuggetsgotmilk

Market
Reaction score
The title says it all. I was out of town for 10 days and had a buddy looking over my tank while I was out. Anyway I get a call two days ago and he says my Red Sea 250 Max was unplugged when he got there... For those who don't know, in the Red Sea, all systems (lights,pumps,skimmer,heater, ect.) run on one plug.

Moving on I got home last night and the only thing living in my tank was one chromi. EVERY other fish was DOA and most of my corals are dead or near death. This was my show tank and now I have an empty shell of what used to be. I am simply shocked and do not understand how my tank became "Unplugged". I have had the system up for over two years and have NEVER had anything like this happen. I just don't know what to say, do, or think right now.

Wow.. i am sorry to hear this I couldn't imagine a show tank of what you describe, mine is fairly new and I couldn't imagine. . Any animals that could of knocked it out? That would be my only guess.

Sorry to hear that. I can only imagine what you're feeling right now.

Very sorry to here. If there is anything I could do to help out once you get on your feet let me know.

Wow. Was the plug loose or something? Mabye it just slowly fell out. Mabye someone slammed a door. Their can be many unknown causes to why this happened but it's sad to see this happen to you.

Acroholic;974467 wrote: Is your buddy that was looking over the tank for you a Reefer?

Yes he is (was) a reefer. I trust him fully with my tank and he did all he could to fix the situation but water temps got down to 70 overnight.

nuggetsgotmilk;974470 wrote: Yes he is (was) a reefer. I trust him fully with my tank and he did all he could to fix the situation but water temps got down to 70 overnight.
So on 6/24 or so you were setting up a 30 gallon rimless. Is this RSM a different tank, or did you end up with the RSM instead of the 30 rimless you posted about setting up?

Acroholic;974473 wrote: So on 6/24 or so you were setting up a 30 gallon rimless. Is this RSM a different tank, or did you end up with the RSM instead of the 30 rimless you posted about setting up?
I have to 30 gallon rimless still. I was actually going to take down my RSM and replace it with the 30 gallon. But with everything dead I guess it speads up the process sadly.

I say speak to your buddy again. He may be your friend but people can get tempted or he just didn't do what he said he would do and made up a cover-up.

Acroholic;974473 wrote: So on 6/24 or so you were setting up a 30 gallon rimless. Is this RSM a different tank, or did you end up with the RSM instead of the 30 rimless you posted about setting up?

:unsure:

Wow, that's just not right! Who has a key to your house? I would be calling the police....
I just left mine for the first time for 5 days and was on pins and needles to see it. No one had entry to my house while I was gone.
It can't unplug its self can it?

a>

Not to make any jokes about a horrible situation, but did you quit your friends softball team due to tank demands? Anything like that? Just seems really strange.

This is why it would be a great idea to have a camera that looks over your tank that you could access from a WiFi connection. And so if something does happen you can watch someone fix it and know exactly what they are doing and be able to tell them how.

i dont know your friends but i feel it was done intentionally.a plug does not unplug itself ever. it should have never been unplugged except to clean it. did your friend clean it and forget to plug it back up . in any case its a tragedy

Back