OVERFLOW Design

I have seen them make custom items before. I am sure they would make something for you.

tonymission;994306 wrote: You can buy an exact ghost overflow clone for $150 on eBay and it looks top quality. I honestly wouldn't go any other direction.

Only reason you can't buy them from reef savvy anymore is because it was cutting into their tank business. Now people are buying whole tanks from them just to get the ghost overflow. Not like it's discontinued or anything.

Edit -- it IS discontinued.. It's not defective. That's probably better :)
Can you RM me the name of the E-bay seller?

Wannabee

I'll shoot them a PM.. if it is priced right...
I know a lot of ppl are complaining about not being able to get the ghost overflows for some reason...

SnowManSnow;994586 wrote: I'll shoot them a PM.. if it is priced right...
I know a lot of ppl are complaining about not being able to get the ghost overflows for some reason...

I'd be willing to go in with you on one (for the future) if it helps the price. Do I need to bug Raj?? :p

I'm third. Since I been contemplating to remove my overflow box and have my tank made custom to be adapted to the same design. As others, I really like the C2C with the adjustable weir. Pretty much want it to look like John's tank

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79288&highlight=overflow+adjustable&page=2">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79288&highlight=overflow+adjustable&page=2</a>

With my arc discount of course hehehe jk I know that won't apply

Go with an external coast to coast ... eliminates any con you had on your list. I run one bean animal style. I'm very happy with it and would build any new tank the same way.

JJ Ocean;994695 wrote: Go with an external coast to coast ... eliminates any con you had on your list. I run one bean animal style. I'm very happy with it and would build any new tank the same way.
How would you do that on undrilled tank?

jtsreef;994703 wrote: How would you do that on undrilled tank?

You can't get all the benefits of an external C2C overflow with an undrilled tank. Technically, you can't do it with a drilled tank either and get all the benefits (at least not without having a skinny internal section of the overflow to hold the weir and the external side of the box housing the drain pipes).

You need a full weir on the back wall of the tank to get all of the benefits of an external C2C. The 2 ways I've seen this done are: 1. the back wall is all acrylic with the weir cut directly through the sheet (100% acrylic tank or hybrid acrylic/glass tank) 2. the back wall is glass with the top CNC'd out with an acrylic weir inserted into the cut out section.

When I did my bean animal on my last tank, I cut a thin slot in the overflow box I built. I have always wondered if a person could use a diamond wheel on a grinder to do the same to the back of a glass tank. You would need a pretty steady hand but to me that would be perfect. The surface skimming would be tremendous.

rdnelson99;994778 wrote: When I did my bean animal on my last tank, I cut a thin slot in the overflow box I built. I have always wondered if a person could use a diamond wheel on a grinder to do the same to the back of a glass tank. You would need a pretty steady hand but to me that would be perfect. The surface skimming would be tremendous.

it would take a jig of some sort, which wouldn't be terribly hard to make. It WOULD take a TON of time though if you're just using a grinder of some kind:)

seems it would be much easier with an acrylic tank and a cnc machine:)

B

SnowManSnow;994807 wrote: it would take a jig of some sort, which wouldn't be terribly hard to make. It WOULD take a TON of time though if you're just using a grinder of some kind:)

seems it would be much easier with an acrylic tank and a cnc machine:)

B

True but I don't have a CNC machine in my garage.....yet. Hhehehe

Back