Overflow question

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
So my overflow in a 40gB is 2 holes on the back wall. They will b part of a c2c.

Question is... Is there a reason to put elbows or anything on them INSIDE the tank? Or can I just use the open bulkheads and keep all the plumbing on the outside?

B

;)

I'm sure there is a reason, but I don't know what it is. If you are going the c2c route, drill another hole and set it up like the bean animal overflow.

water draws from under the water level to be silent. if the level is half of the BH it will draw air and make noise. it will sound just like a LFS. and gurgle all the time.

correct if you are going to drill drill 3. one is only used at startup, it's turned up and the other 2 are turned down. one is full siphon and other has a "gate valve" DONT USE A BALL VALVE. and it has a 1/4 tube on top to turn into a siphon at startup.

read Rich's and my thread on our bulds . also read all of the thread on Reef Central.

What Eagle said. LOL But, here is a pic of mine. I ran the elbows across the table saw and it creates a grating. The bottom of the elebows are just above the bottom of the overflow box. This should keep snails out of the drain lines. With open bulkheads you also have to worry about snails and such going down the pipe and possibly causing a clog and flood.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
794228=39380-012.jpg
>
794228=39380-012.jpg
class="gc-images" title="012.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

i opted not to slit the elbows. if i were to do it again i would get the foot valve screens and cut the bottom off and just let it touch the bottom of the OF. the pic is of a threaded one but they make slip ones also

1188570827233-1744597779.jpeg
alt="" />

Back