Overgrown Green Bubble Coral

curator

Market
Reaction score
My green bubble coral has grown huge...likely a result if it eating like a hawg!
I'm in a quandary over what to do with it. I want one, but it has become too large for the size of my tank. I had considered trying to divide it, but am chicken. The <span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">vesicles</span></span>, when fully expanded - are about half the size of an egg, and the colony is about 6 " long and 4" wide.

Any suggestions?

John

Id love to be able to help ya, but I as well have never done it.
a>

Thanks - that's an excellent article. However, I don't think I want to attempt it...it sounds a bit too involved. I guess I should just sell or trade it, then get a smaller one - and NOT feed it every day!

What do you feed yours? I have a smaller purplish one...maybe baseball size.

Would love to see a purpelish one!

It eats whatever </em>I put in the tank...my chopped seafood mix, any kind of phyto or mysis shrimp, etc.

Ok well it's not purple purple, but there is some purple to it...Tim had it looking so awesome in his tank at his store. I've also been neglecting my tank a lot so it's not as nice looking as it was. I'm back to taking care of the tank now and just spot fed the bubble. It was happy to get a load of mysis. Anyways, here is my bubble. It's like a tan and light purple mix. I hope the color will come back more after I start spot feeding it more.

bubbleCoral_1.jpg
alt="" />

I'd be happy to frag your bubble coral for you if you like. I read that article and I'd love to give it a shot if you're willing :).

Jin...that's wonderful! I'll contact you via pm so we can coordinate. The bonus is that I will finally get to see your tank(s)!

glxtrix,

That's a nice-looking coral! let me know if you ever see another one that color...especially it it's small!

Maybe Jin and I should start a "bubble-fragging business!"

John

member.php

The Febuary FRAG MEETING is coming up. I'm sure they can work something out so everyone gets to see this thing fragged. I would love to see it done.

John, I got mine at Keen Reef. Tim only had 1 at the time. Check with him to see if he has any more in. I love bubble corals, really cool looking. I may get a green bubble one of these days.

Too long of a meeting I would say. I'd want to get the coral into a stable system with proper heated water after such a stressing procedure. As cool as it would be to see it, I don't think it'd be worth the possible loss of the piece.

FutureInterest;279775 wrote: I'd be happy to frag your bubble coral for you if you like. I read that article and I'd love to give it a shot if you're willing :).
I can help and learn at the same time. I bought a Dremel with all the tools to halep us on it. please let me know if we can meet and work togheter.

Back