Par Readings

skriz

Reaction score
First off, sorry for the extremely crappy pic. I really need to sharpen my photography skillz, or lack thereof!

Here are some numbers that I took on my 400w Ushio 14k bulbs. There are 2 bulbs on Lumenmax reflectors (24"). The center of the bulb is where it indicates bulb #1 & #2. Half of the reflector on both bulbs is over a center brace made of 3/4" glass, which has a HUGE affect on par!

Sorry that the tank looks like crap too. I really need to get some stuff in there.

DSC04220.jpg
alt="" />

You can't see the numbers too clearly, should have used a larger font!

Yeah, the par drops insanely! On top of the water surface i read about 900. Directly under the water, i mean milimeters under the water, it drops to 540! that's a HUGE drop!

Getting 230 to the bottom is pretty good, although I am going to try and lower them a bit and check. The problem is the center brace. How close can I get without it being an issue?

How hot does glass have to get (3/4" starphire) for it to break?

hmm, that makes sense. I would suppose the temp increase/decrease would be somewhat slow. The only kicker would be if water splashed on the glass. I would have to kill myself if 750g of saltwater floods my house! If my wife didn't kill me, I think my dad would drive over and kill me, and there's nothing worse than getting the crap beat out of you by your dad!

I have some 250's on the ends that are directly over water. They are definatley being dropped waaaaayy down tomorrow!

Back