Green Hair Algae problem

Whenever I see a hair algae outbreak, I just don't feed the tank that day. When I check the next day... it's gone :). Then I go back to regularly feedings.

So jealous! :D

I didn't feed my tank for months and pulled buckets of cheato from my fuge and the HA just kept growing. Hanna measured 0.00 PO4 and 0 Nitrates the whole battle (that I lost). HA is a mysterious enemy for some of us.

My 72 gallon went fallow for 76 days, no feeding except twice a week target feeding for zoa contest, one rock developed 4 square inches of long hair algae. Feb. 1 foxface went in, algae is gone! Foxface is fat!

So jealous! :D

I didn't feed my tank for months and pulled buckets of cheato from my fuge and the HA just kept growing. Hanna measured 0.00 PO4 and 0 Nitrates the whole battle (that I lost). HA is a mysterious enemy for some of us.
I've noticed that some fish just don't eat regular hair algae. Even those that are known to like tangs and rabbitfish. When I run into one that won't do its job I will return it to the LFS for another one.

My 72 gallon went fallow for 76 days, no feeding except twice a week target feeding for zoa contest, one rock developed 4 square inches of long hair algae. Feb. 1 foxface went in, algae is gone! Foxface is fat!
I love foxfaces :). They are usually amazing at algae eradication. My last one even enjoyed bubble algae.

Back