Part 2 of looking for a tank

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Well I had and paid for a IM Nuvo 40mini ext… and was informed almost a week later it wasn’t in stock and issued a refund:/

I like the size as well as the external overflow.

I’d like to find this tank, even though it seems to have been discontinued… I’ve checked w the sponsors I have contact with… I’ve even messaged some out of town places with zero response.
There are a few used tanks available here, but being as this one will be front and center in my living space I wanted something new and sparkly…
I don’t want to have to buy an overpriced stand w the tank either… which seems to be the norm now.

What rock have I not overturned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I admit the external overflow on the IM EXT was a big draw for me... I've had a BA way back (had to even think about it to remember... and it was actually DEAD silent). I haven't heard of sca really, but their reviews look positive as far as I can see. The reason I was looking at a smaller size tank was weight. This will go on our main level but it is over a fully finished basement.
That said... it will be close to 2 outside walls (a corner) so I don't see weight as a problem as long as i don't over do it

SCA makes some nice tanks. I’ve got one getting ready to go up

@snowmansnow if you’re near Acworth you can stop by and check out the build quality of the tank

I hate center and/or corner flow setups. Just a personal preference. A properly setup beananimal is dead silent.

For tank only...

That tank ^ has a $189 shipping surcharge.

Too bad, because I love mine!

I admit the external overflow on the IM EXT was a big draw for me... I've had a BA way back (had to even think about it to remember... and it was actually DEAD silent). I haven't heard of sca really, but their reviews look positive as far as I can see. The reason I was looking at a smaller size tank was weight. This will go on our main level but it is over a fully finished basement.
That said... it will be close to 2 outside walls (a corner) so I don't see weight as a problem as long as i don't over do it

Snowman, an 80 gal tank with water comes in at around 800 lbs. If you are worried, consider that 3-4 grown men can weigh that.

Perhaps you’ve had a living room full of people, and didn’t give it a thought?

Fwiw, Houses are typically overbuilt, partly for that reason.

Fiji has this... its not a FULLY external but its close

Think imma go w the above.
Now to consider lighting.
I have my halide pendants for sale, but I COULD use on for this... 250w Dimmable ballasts too... hmmmmmmmm

Back