Peacock mantis vs. Gorgonian

fish1344

Market
Reaction score
So my litttle baby finally got a new home. I got tired of watching her in my old QT tank.

Went to add a gorgonian for a splash of color and she immediately (of course) came out, picked it up and began to smash it. It's back in place now and she seems to be cool now that she's explored. Missed the shots of him actually wrestling.

Also, noticed some yellow polyps had started growing on a loose rock in the substrate of 90G. When I pulled it out to move to mantis tank, I realized it was an old snail shell. Funny part is when the ployps retracted they looked like little eye stalks or shrek ears. Whatever. It's funny to me.

Enjoy!

mantisnano012-1.jpg
alt="" />

mantisnano013.jpg
alt="" />

mantisnano019.jpg
alt="" />

For all of you perched on the edge of your seat . . . Fear Not! I have rescued and relocated Shrek to a tank where he doesn't resemble food.

Yeah she destroyed all my frags of yellow polyps I had. I think she doesnt like the color yellow...

I think in that particular instance, she just wanted the shell. It was just two tiny polyps on a snail shell. She hasn't bothered the gorgonian any more, but I'm watching her.

Back