Penguin Bio Wheel as a fuge???

you can always just get a water polisher and put it in the filter when needed. i do that with my trusty magnum.

hmmm...so I have a dilemna I guess......

well, with just the LR in the tank, the sand bed, and the prnguin running with just filter pads will that remove enough nitrates?

because if so I would rather have the clear water, if not, i dont want my fish to die......

I could always use the pre filters that i have with the aquaxclear 50 and stuff tose with matrix which is what i had n the seahorse tank.

The LR and the sandbed will remove some nitrate, but water changes are going to be the real key in that setup. That is, of course, unless you do put together a refugium. Just watch the levels, a single dwarf lion won't be THAT bad.

if clear water is a priority and you have some money just get a mangum. trust me it has helped my tank so much and does not produce nitrates as long as i change the carbon. also ask dakota for the exp she/he might have had with it.

thanks blind.....yeah the problem with the canister filters is that i really dont have a place for it....if i did I would just make a sump......

I'll just stick to frequent Water changes then for a while and see how that goes.....thanks for all the hep guys....thanks danny.

Back