Peppermint Angel Available

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
Guys,
I bought a Gem Tang a while back from an online seller, and he just emailed me that he has a Peppermint Angelfish available. The price is too high for me to be interested: $25,000. If anyone is serious about the Holy Grail of Angelfish, however, I'll be happy to give you his contact information.

Same supplier as the ones in the Recent AquaNerd post here:

http://blog.aquanerd.com/2013/10/nine-more-peppermint-angelfish-show-up-at-blue-harbor.html">http://blog.aquanerd.com/2013/10/nine-more-peppermint-angelfish-show-up-at-blue-harbor.html</a>

I have no financial interest in this, and am only passing along information.
Dave

stacy22;901701 wrote: Is this from the recent Blue Harbor haul?

From the same Diver as the Blue Harbor Peps, but not from Blue Harbor.

I'm somewhat new to this hobby but could someone PLEASE tell me how a fish cost so much. Where did it come from? What makes it worth sooooo much cash?

I don't get this either. Larry from LRS Foods text me earlier about this customer of his who has all these rare fish. Said he bought one today at $20k,wanted his food (Probiotics version) delivered before the fish showed up.
Crazy spending that much on something that could die a day after putting it in your tank.
So Dave, is there Fish Life Insurance on these big dollar ticket fish? :D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

No problem man. Thanks for the kind words. Things are getting better each day

From my understanding they are deep deep water and must be collected with a submarine

Clay4AU;901755 wrote: From my understanding they are deep deep water and must be collected with a submarine

They are found in a very remote location at 300 - 400ft depth. The divers that collect them are experts, they use re-breathers to stay at those depths for a decent period of time and to combat the benze. It's amazing the dedication people have to this hobby.

It would be great if the Georgia Aquarium got one, a fish like this deserves to be on display and seen by many.

Well, unless more than one of these were on the market around the Eastern US, the guy I was talking about did buy one of these yesterday. He will likely post it up on RC once he gets it. He has tons of other crazy expensive rare fish in his tank.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Get ready to keep a colder tank too. Pretty, but not worth the cash IMO.

i say if someone has the disposable income and can properly house and care for the fish,then by all means,buy it.people spend money everyday on things that i wouldnt spend one penny on...jewelry,guns,cars,yada yada yada but its what they want to do with THEIR money.who am i to tell anyone what to spend money on.
25k to some people[certainly not me]is just a drop in the bucket so its all relative.the most important thing is that the buyer be able to care for this precious specimen. but if you are spending that kind of dough on a fish,then someone probably takes care of them for you.

reeferman;901884 wrote: i say if someone has the disposable income and can properly house and care for the fish,then by all means,buy it.people spend money everyday on things that i wouldnt spend one penny on...jewelry,guns,cars,yada yada yada but its what they want to do with THEIR money.who am i to tell anyone what to spend money on.
25k to some people[certainly not me]is just a drop in the bucket so its all relative.the most important thing is that the buyer be able to care for this precious specimen. but if you are spending that kind of dough on a fish,then someone probably takes care of them for you.

Definitely agree with you Reggie. Not worth the price to me, but if I were a rare angel enthusiast, it might be.

Back