Peppermint Angel Available

From what I've been reading these guys were collected at 400ft with water temps being 76F, not too low. It sounds like NY Aquatics is getting one and speculated to sell between 15-20k.

I mean it's a red and white striped Angel fish.......with an orange face...

at least a Clarion Angel or a Conspic has some truly dynamic colors.....

I appreciate the rarity of these fish and the difficulty in their collection. However, there are many more angels I would rather have because I think they are more attractive. Hell, I think coral beauties are prettier than the C. boylei</em>s.

NOW, it this was a G. personatus</em>, I would be foaming at the mouth to get one. :D

Since the fish is adapted to deep water and high pressure (174psi at 400ft) how will it do in a 3ft(1.3psi) deep tank?

People have been keeping deep water fish for a while. I'm not sure how pressure will affect them. Read these guys are eating frozen and live really well.

Man I wish I had seen this soon. Unfortunately I just bought an Egg McMuffin and now my pocket change is depleted. Maybe next time.

HiImSean;902227 wrote: People have been keeping deep water fish for a while. I'm not sure how pressure will affect them. Read these guys are eating frozen and live really well.

I think it is a matter of bringing the fish up slowly from the depths they are at, like divers have to, so they don't get the bends. After they are acclimatized to the shallow depths, they are OK, I think. Read this somewhere about fish collecting in deep water.

Acroholic;902291 wrote: I think it is a matter of bringing the fish up slowly from the depths they are at, like divers have to, so they don't get the bends. After they are acclimatized to the shallow depths, they are OK, I think. Read this somewhere about fish collecting in deep water.

I think I read they bring them up at 50ft increments at a time. I'm not sure how long they spend at each interval. I think they can get swim bladder problems but they use a small hypodermic needle to release the pressure.

Back