Perfect timing!

zboyblue

Market
Reaction score
My Tunze Osmolator auto top off came today right before I left to run errands (around 1). So, I hooked the RO filter up outside to the hose and had the dispenser thing open and inside a 5 gallon jug.

When I got home, the first thing I did when I got out of the truck was walk over to the RO filter / jug. Here are two pics I took back to back as fast as I could get my phone out

Pic 1 - 2 seconds from overflow. You can see the water level ABOVE the opening.

Pic 2 - water bubble burst and it started overflowing.

I thought this was the craziest thing I ever saw from a perfect timing perspective. Haha

986578=56400-uploadfromtaptalk1411256839749.jpg
>
986578=56400-uploadfromtaptalk1411256839749.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1411256839749.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>
986578=56401-uploadfromtaptalk1411256848045.jpg
>
986578=56401-uploadfromtaptalk1411256848045.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1411256848045.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Phew, very lucky!
Just my two cents but I probably wouldn't have your RO/DI topping off your ATO reservoir. Too many things can go wrong. One of the few items I still do manually (keeping my reservoir topped off). I just have a float switch in my reservoirs to notify me when my reservoir is getting low.

This was on the back deck.... Going into a jug. No "whew", was just crazy timing haha!

I'm quite sure There's no such thing as an RODI that only makes 20 GPD. Have you tried running it on the faucet on the front of your house (before any reducer)?

It really took longer than that actually. I started another one before I went to bed and it took even longer. I am getting some small sand like particles in the bath tub from the well water. I think they may be making it into the filter clogging it up. There is a whole house reducer (that all the spigots are on I think, need to look) and it has a little basket that could be clogging too.

I need to look into some sort of filter system for the water I guess - just in general.

The reducer is most likely after the water enters the house. Try the front spicket and see what happens. You can pick up a PSI meter cheap at HD.
Honestly, your wasting A LOT of water!
PM sent

What do you mean wasting a lot of water? Does pressure affect the amount of waste?

All I have to do is look under the house, I can see if I plumbed the spigots before or after the pressure reducer.

Back