Pest ID!

jpines

Market
Reaction score
Just got home and saw this bright green...something or another crawling around my LR. It's legs are a flourescent green...

978362=55740-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408243178.850248.jpg
>
978362=55740-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408243178.850248.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408243178.850248.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

I think it's a zoa eating nudi branch from what I've found pics of online...anybody have experience with these?

I couldn't really get a good pic of it...I smashed it in half trying to get it out of the tank. It's getting tossed

Is there zoas on the rock it was on? If yes and you can take out the rock do it and dip it good!

Yes there are zoas on it..what kind of dip would you recommend?

What do you have? I'd use Coral RX if it's all you have on hand but tomorrow go to Home Depot and get
Bayer advanced pest control, give a 20 minute dip using 2 cups of tank water and a small squirt of pest control.
GL

Yes I have coral Rx. Thanks Camellia

Now I need help again! Just found this
978382=55741-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408253003.564802.jpg
>
978382=55741-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408253003.564802.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408253003.564802.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Did you google Zoa eating Nudi's? If not take a look and see if that's what you killed.

I bought a beautiful colony of Mami Vice from a member (gone now) and it had zoa eating Nudi's. I fought those nasty guys for over a year! I was NOT nice to the seller either, lol
Use a small power head in the container with the dip and blast in between the zoas (after they close) and in the pits of the rock.
They are a pain and as the post above said they lay eggs so dip the rock again in two days...

Yep that's its name...stomatta thanks! Dang 19 is a crazy lot to have on the glass at one time! I wouldn't want 19 of anything on my glass blocking my view, lol

Definitely a stomatta snail. Just a little paranoid after finding that nudi. It's been placed back in the tank!

And yes, it looks just like the zoa eating nudis. Thanks for the info!

I battled zoa eating nudi's. took about 2 to 3 dips of the frags and eventually got them all. Also got some wrasses some where around there and never had problems again.

Stomatella snail. Good hitchhiker. Prolific too, if there's more than one.

Jenn

Thanks! It had a cool pink shell. I added it back last night/early morning. Those little guys move pretty fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pink is actually coralline. Their shell is usually a nondescript kind of beige.

Jenn

JennM;978647 wrote: The pink is actually coralline. Their shell is usually a nondescript kind of beige.

Jenn

Ha and I was thinking I had a rare one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back