Petco $1 per gallon sale!!!!!

reefjunkee

Market
Reaction score
Not sure if it is going on the the Atlanta area but if You are in the Augusta area Petco is having their $1 per gallon tank sale starting tomorrow.I think it`s only like 2 or 3 days.It is for up to 55 gallons.Even 40 breeders!I told them to hold me a 40 breeder for a frag tank.They are normally like 90-$100.Anyway just thought I`d let You guys know.

It's going on in Columbus too... I actually mentioned that I was wanting a 55g to my cashier man, and he got all upset... "HOW"D YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THAT SALE!!" Our own employees don't even know about that sale....ect, ect.. I said I know ppl that know ppl.. He was trying to get some girl that works there "Becky" in trouble thinking she told me...

If you're planning to drill the tank, make sure you read the sticker. Some tanks (like TopFin) have tempered glass on all panels and cannot be drilled.

Ya the Petco sale is going on here in Atlanta till 09/02 on tanks 20 gal to 55 gal...

Blueprint;72676 wrote: Anybody know of a Petco in the Lawrenceville area

http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_storelocator_nav_2.aspx?cm_re=102605-_-hdr-_-locate">Store Locator</a>

Enter your Zip Code to find the store nearest you.

closest petco to you is in front of the Mall of Georgia

Check out
showthread.php

Ya there are a few... The one nearest you is on Riverside Parkway between 316 and Duluth Hwy... There is also one on Pleasent Hill across from the Mall.

BTW: I am moving this thread to reef discussion since it will be seen by more people and really isn't a "club member FS" item.

I also work at petco and no it just incules bare tanks 20-55gallon rectangle no bowfront just plane old tanks

dawgdude;72753 wrote: As a person who gets to see wholesale price lists I HAVE NO CLUE HOW THEY CAN DO THIS!!!! These prices are amazing. COST for a store is atleast 20 bucks more on a 40 breeder. I had my dad pick one up since we dont have a petco in Athens

They probably figure most people who come in to buy a tank during this sale are going to buy a lot more than just a tank. I'm sure they'll come out way ahead in the long run.

:)

they do this pretty regularly. i like it. im seriously considering getting a 20 long for my dorm room....soooo tempting.

it would be soooo cool if they had the 30 cubes as well. i heard last time they did this a few inexperienced clerks sold them at 30 bucks.

Xyzpdq0121;72695 wrote: Ya there are a few... The one nearest you is on Riverside Parkway between 316 and Duluth Hwy... There is also one on Pleasent Hill across from the Mall.

BTW: I am moving this thread to reef discussion since it will be seen by more people and really isn't a "club member FS" item.
I forgot about the one off of 316

Blueprint;72804 wrote:
Xyzpdq0121;72695 said:
The cashier charged me for a 20g some how:yes: . Paid $22 and change. I feel bad, but its not going back and I'm keepin me $20!

X, do you have experience with All Glass? I'm woundering if I can drill it? It has no warning against it anywhere on the tank.

ah, what goes around comes around .... drill away

(If ya get a big ol' crack, you can just write that one off as karma.)

;)

Blueprint;72804 wrote:
Xyzpdq0121;72695 said:
Ya there are a few... The one nearest you is on Riverside Parkway between 316 and Duluth Hwy... There is also one on Pleasent Hill across from the Mall.

I just got back from the Petco on PHill. I got a 40g breeder. I will build the stand areound this. I really like the open water look. The cashier charged me for a 20g some how:yes: . Paid $22 and change. I feel bad, but its not going back and I'm keepin me $20!

X, do you have experience with All Glass? I'm woundering if I can drill it? It has no warning against it anywhere on the tank.

Wow, its one thing to take advantage of people/stores, but then to post about it, Wow.

wbholwell;72823 wrote: Linda, you screwed up your quotes

Oooops, sorry, Brandon... forgot your ID was in there...

Here ya go:

Blueprint;72804 wrote: I just got back from the Petco on PHill. I got a 40g breeder. I will build the stand areound this. I really like the open water look. The cashier charged me for a 20g some how:yes: . Paid $22 and change. I feel bad, but its not going back and I'm keepin me $20!

Must give the author credit where credit is due.

(Thanks, Bryan)

~

i got the last 40b in our store. the associate said he was expecting another shipment before the sale was over (8 days). i have an AGA pamphlet laying around saying what tanks have tempered glass, but i'm also pretty sure that it is listed on their website.

is my old 20l good enough for a 40g tank? or should i pick up something bigger?

why do you all temp me with this post?
I really love to get my hand in a 30GL tank to build a sump, but I don't have the time right now :( Anyone want to build me a sump?

Back