Phillips Plant Light for fuge?

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
I know this topic has come up before, but I can't find the threads that it has been discussed on.

I have a fuge with a small footprint. Currently I'm using a screw type 28watt Compact florecent bulb from walmart. The bulb is so long that it hangs out the bell houseing of the light fixture, causing uber-glare.

I think the phillips plant light bulbs come in 25 and 40 watts, and is supposed to be in a spectrum that plants prefer, but no where on the package did it say what spectrum that was. It is much a shorter bulb and will fit in the fixture with no glare at all peaking out.

In the past threads on this topic, does anyone remember the verdict?

Plant Bulb, yea or nay?

Well for what its worth I have a twin bulb shop light on my fuge with full spectrum plant bulbs. While it seems to keep macro healthy it doesn't appear to help it's growth.

It does however grow the most beautiful red slime I've ever seen this side of my exwife's kitchen.

Here ya go.Been using the one in the link for a couple years now.Works great.

a>

This is the one Cameron was talking about. I got wone and have already had to clean out some of the macro no light was getting to the bottom of the tank. I only found it at Lowes

showthread.php

i have one of these if you want for 10 bucks has a little crack on top but doesnt affect the light let me know victor

I couldn't find the one at a Lowe's near me in a high enough wattage. I found one a 26watt(I think) as a 5000k at Home Depot that really picked up the growth in a client's refugium.

Rawn, thats like the bulb I'm using except for mine is 28watts, and is too long for my fixture, maybe I'll just get a shorter bulb simarlar to what I have

flaco626nj;89778 wrote: i have one of these if you want for 10 bucks has a little crack on top but doesnt affect the light let me know victor
sorry here is the link to what i have
merchant.mvc

Sorry victor, but believe it or not, I dont have the room for a light that big. LOL

Yeah, not sure I have room for a flood light either. I'm using a clip on foxture, and its crowded! LOL

Back