phosphate reactor....

jade76

Market
Reaction score
:confused2: So okay, I m looking into purchasing a phosban 150 reactor. Does anyone out there have any input on a phosban 150 reactor?

moreover, Ive heard that it dramatically can reduce your (ph). Also that even though its a ferrous iron oxide reactant, that it releases aluminum into the water which is really damaging for corals.
Does anyone have one? Results? :confused2:

I have 2, one for phosar/ROWA & one for carbon. Just make sure you start out very slowly the first month, so your corals can adjust. They work incredibly great, actually, I thought everyone had one?

Iron based does not leach anything back. The old aluminum base stuff does. Don't use that kind.

Make sure you run a small pw. Only the surface of the material should almost look like it's about to boil.

I have two of them. I use one for Carbon and the other for Phospate remover. They work good and there relatively cheap. I use a MJ 600 on mine.

I have one.. Meh.. Make sure if you get one to get a good powerhead to run it.. And lots of media.. The pic that's usually shown has the reactor full of phosban.. It only fills up maybe 3" haven't really noticed a difference since I added it on.......

I am a big believer in the canister filter for this task. I personally run one and I am slowly converting people who come over and see mine setup. You basically run the canister without it being plugged in. Many canister filters are designed to run multiple types of media so they have multiple trays. I run GFO, Carbon, Purigen and even filter floss inline with my UV. Canister filters are also usually designed for easy maintenance and cleaning. Mine is a breeze to remove from the system, replace the media and plug back in. Another plus is that it adds a bit of water volume to the system. Not much but every little bit counts. You can usually pick up used ones cheap to boot.

Back