phosphate reactor

ckwatson

Market
Reaction score
I am looking for a phosphate reactor for my 45 gal tank. Any advice on a good one. I would like to be able to put it in my sump due to limited space under the tank. If it is small I may be able to move some stuff around and make it fit.

I found this
a> but dont know any thing about the company that makes it.

That's the one that i think most people use. I have two of them running on tanks currently, powered by Maxi 400's. Use the ball valve that is included to throttle back the output if it is too high. I run RowaPhos and hydroCarbon in both of them. I have never had an issue with mine leaking either but you can run in the sump as well. They are relativley small as well. Good, affordable filter.

I have two of the 2 little fishes reactor for over two years now. (say that 10 times) anyway, I use 1 for carbon and one with phosar hc. great product.

Yep I've had a couple for a few years. Mine are still the old school thumbsrew tops. Still work well though after many years!

also will running a reactor take too much out and kill my macro algae. Right now my fuge has lettuce algae in it.
prod_Display.cfm

The one from Aquabuys looks like it has a good lid on it. It also comes with a pump so it will be plug and play. As for worrying about depleting your phosphate by the reactor, that would be the least of your worry.

I just installed this one last weekend and filled it with 454g of TLF Phosban media.
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~SearchStr~~action~view~idProduct~PM5113~idCategory~FIFRISPR~category~Precision_Marine_Reverse_Flow_Substrate_Reactor_26_Inch_Tall_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Filters_Inline__Specialty_Phosphate_Reactors~vendor~.html">http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~SearchStr~~action~view~idProduct~PM5113~idCategory~FIFRISPR~category~Precision_Marine_Reverse_Flow_Substrate_Reactor_26_Inch_Tall_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Filters_Inline__Specialty_Phosphate_Reactors~vendor~.html</a>
So far it has had no leaks, I will give an update on whether or not it helps reduce phosphates. If I had a smaller tank I would have gotten the TLF reactor.

I got the one from aqua buys and it seems to be running fine. no leaks and it is pushing water up through the media pretty well so hope fully I will start seeing some changes by the end of the week. I will post some pics of what it looks like now and try to keep it up dated with the progress.

Back