Blue life SPS bulbs

cr500_af;514624 wrote:
DSC_0273.jpg
alt="" />

It looks bluer in this photo than it does to the eye. Please ignor the dirty glass! For comparison, the frag tank in the edge of the photo is running right this minute on 2 T5 actinics... whites have already turned off.

I may go with the 20k bulbs! That white! Hmmm!
Thanks for the picture man

grouper therapy;514625 wrote: Those were blueline not bluelife at Cap bay .

I could not find blueline anywhere. So I just assumed blue life. That has been some time ago. I had another post awhile back were I stated blueline but got no responce, in witch case I figured I was an idiot! Lol!

mikesommers;514629 wrote: I may go with the 20k bulbs! That white! Hmmm!
Thanks for the picture man

Yep... I run two T5 actinic supplements, but frankly they don't cut through enough to matter, so they are really just for dusk/dawn. I wanted 20K Radiums, but since I use DE bulbs I had to use some common sense and buy just bulbs rather than bulbs and reflectors together.

If Radium would release a 250w DE bulb, I'd be a happy man.

This is VHO only. This is why I worry. I dont want to end up with a blue tank. These are 220 watts alone.

picture.php

Well I ended up wit ushio 14k. I am waiting on them to burn in not to sure yet on what I think. On first start up they looked like a 2k no type error 2k very very yellow but they have slowly shifted to a much bluer spectrum. I think after a week that they will look much better. Sps is truley loving it!!

I like these Ushio 14k's. Truly scary the first time you start them but they have became a very crisp white bulb! Let's grow coral.

Back