Photography

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
At are last meeting, Did we learn anything. I thought it was an excellent meeting.
I learned that I don't know anything about camera's. Im buying a camera in afew weeks.And I'm sure I will have questions. At the meeting Jonny C. stated if we needed to call him ,it would be ok.
Can someone pm his contact number. In the mean time, lets take some pics and show us how to use those camera's.

Here is a link to his website. You can send him a message through his site and request him to contact you. I hope that helps. :)

a>

man, why I'm I still using my phone?!
very clean close up pictures Paul, looks professional.

Well. I said I was going to buy a camera. Here is what I got for 300.00 It was used 1 time. Now all I have to do is learn how to use it

I wanted to make this meeting but was out of town. Did he say the best way to take photos under actinic lighting? Mine are always washed out and don't show the colors.

huskerreefatl;1076018 wrote: I wanted to make this meeting but was out of town. Did he say the best way to take photos under actinic lighting? Mine are always washed out and don't show the colors.

Yes, he said the best way to take photos is not to use the aquarium lighting, but an external light source, like a external flash.

Also, when shooting through glass and acrylic make sure the lens is parallel to the glass to eliminate distortion.

If your photos are washed out, try using a higher aperture and/or increasing shutter speed.

huskerreefatl;1076018 wrote: I wanted to make this meeting but was out of town. Did he say the best way to take photos under actinic lighting? Mine are always washed out and don't show the colors.

Also, if your camera has a white balance adjustment that will help as well.

huskerreefatl;1076131 wrote: I played with the white balance but it didn't work very well but I can play some more.

I don't have he fancy cards photographers use, but I do have some solid white plates. I put one in the tank and balanced on that. I did have some white lights on though.

Here's a picture I took a while back with my D60 on a standard Nikon 18-55mm lens. I used an adjusted white balance, but all other setting were auto.
0ED347BC-6E21-4C28-80D3-BE8B3F648847-18966-00000C0457E4938F_zps261faa37.jpg
alt="" />

jbadd99;1076339 wrote: Here's a picture I took a while back with my D60 on a standard Nikon 18-55mm lens. I used an adjusted white balance, but all other setting were auto.
0ED347BC-6E21-4C28-80D3-BE8B3F648847-18966-00000C0457E4938F_zps261faa37.jpg
alt="" />

That's a good looking shot. Looks real, rather than the washed out or over saturated pics you commonly see.

Skriz;1076381 wrote: That's a good looking shot. Looks real, rather than the washed out or over saturated pics you commonly see.

And that's EXACTLY what it looked like to the eye as well. When I'm looking at a picture of coral, I want to see what it's going to look like when I look at it under normal lighting conditions.

man, you guys are a bad influence!!!!!!!!!!
BUT this has been on my wanted list for awhile now anyway.
time for super photos!!!!!!!!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

MYREEFCLUB0070;1076786 wrote: man, you guys are a bad influence!!!!!!!!!!
BUT this has been on my wanted list for awhile now anyway.
time for super photos!!!!!!!!

Very nice Marlon, I still don't know how to use mine.But now that I'm seeing all this, I better get shooting

This is my first pic with my new camera, Learned how to shoot in auto mode.LOL

Back