Photography

Not too bad, but go to AV (aperture priority mode and select somewhere between f4 - f5.8), set to macro mode and set the white balance. Don't get any closer than 8" and as that's the minimal focal distance for your camera. Use a tripod if you have one and try the manual focus mode - play around and see what settings give the best results.

Thanks, for the info. Will give it a try.
Yes I turned off pumps 90 % white, 10 % blue.
Finally, you all get to see what i see.

dball711;1077583 wrote: Not too bad, but go to AV (aperture priority mode and select somewhere between f4 - f5.8), set to macro mode and set the white balance. Don't get any closer than 8" and as that's the minimal focal distance for your camera. Use a tripod if you have one and try the manual focus mode - play around and see what settings give the best results.

You can also adjust your ISO somewhat for better shots in lower light conditions at the same aperture rate. The only issue with that is you do end up with a little more noise.

Here is an example:
135521653001201.jpeg

Awesome pic James!

Dave, will mine camera do this? I haven't fiqured it out for tank pic's...

All above are options on my Sony sooo!
Great info guys, I'll try soon!

Aperture control = depth control. Bigger Aperture, less depth. Smaller aperture, more depth. The tradeoff to that is the smaller aperture requires a longer shutter time. The lower the fraction on the shutter speed, the slower it opens/closes. For example 1/60 = 1/60 of one second - it's also about the slowest you want to go without using a tripod. 1/2500 on the other hand is extremely fast and "freezes" motion. The trick is to find the right balance of Shutter, Aperture, and ISO for the shot you want. I usually shoot my tank on either ISO 400 or 800, and usually with about as large an aperture as I can get, while focusing on the piece I'm shooting. Oh, yeah, flash is bad.

jbadd99;1077671 wrote: Aperture control = depth control. Bigger Aperture, less depth. Smaller aperture, more depth. The tradeoff to that is the smaller aperture requires a longer shutter time. The lower the fraction on the shutter speed, the slower it opens/closes. For example 1/60 = 1/60 of one second - it's also about the slowest you want to go without using a tripod. 1/2500 on the other hand is extremely fast and "freezes" motion. The trick is to find the right balance of Shutter, Aperture, and ISO for the shot you want. I usually shoot my tank on either ISO 400 or 800, and usually with about as large an aperture as I can get, while focusing on the piece I'm shooting. Oh, yeah, flash is bad.

Great stuff, I find that a shutter speed of 1/250-1/320 of a second is the best where you still get enough light.

Camellia;1077656 wrote: Awesome pic James!

Dave, will mine camera do this? I haven't fiqured it out for tank pic's...

All above are options on my Sony sooo!
Great info guys, I'll try soon!

Yes yours will do this but you will need to be in any mode but Auto (why I suggested Aperture priority). On your camera, to set the white balance it might be easiest to use "intelligent Auto", pretty sure that mode allows you to set a custom white balance.

Fishlips;1077680 wrote: You all will have me in manual mode yet.LOL

After the week long photography class I took, courtesy of my job, I only shoot in manual mode now.

I can make it look like noon at midnight with the right equipment.

Now that I know what I'm doing, I'll never go back to auto mode.

I've actually had the clerk at Walmart tell me they couldn't sell me pictures that I took without the photographer's release statement!

jbadd99;1077750 wrote: After the week long photography class I took, courtesy of my job, I only shoot in manual mode now.

I can make it look like noon at midnight with the right equipment.

Now that I know what I'm doing, I'll never go back to auto mode.

I've actually had the clerk at Walmart tell me they couldn't sell me pictures that I took without the photographer's release statement!

WOW, Ok bud let's see some of your skill!

I took these photos with a cell phone
e4376645ae6aa80aaa2fe11383c7e4a7.jpg
alt="" />
f640743ce303edb509fa1719b6a6c612.jpg
alt="" />
c4bec7306faff4d140384c4b3db2e3b6.jpg
alt="" />
5a059f5f44eb859c7aa2faa606e8f4cc.jpg
alt="" />
fca528eb7b22a803c554789ab21d6541.jpg
alt="" />
23fe64a6ab6ee9ab6113823e8c6b3a52.jpg