Phytoplankton feeding question?

Edmaister

Supporting
Reaction score
How much is appropriate to feed on a 13g tank? Daily, weekly, and amount? What's has worked for ya?

I don’t currently dose phyto in my 15G, but from what I’ve found it’s not very specific. You don’t want to turn your water cloudy green but you can still dose a good amount without any real negative side effects.

I’d start by just target feeding some of the corals that would benefit from phyto and then up it from there if you want.

What are you feeding the plankton for, might not be necessary. This is a thought call in such a small tank. Dosing amounts are so small that most likely the plankton will go bad prior to using it all.

there are many filter feeding supplements that are synthetic and have a long shelf life. Again it depends on what you feeding and what you’re trying to solve for by feeding it.

What are you feeding the plankton for, might not be necessary. This is a thought call in such a small tank. Dosing amounts are so small that most likely the plankton will go bad prior to using it all.

there are many filter feeding supplements that are synthetic and have a long shelf life. Again it depends on what you feeding and what you’re trying to solve for by feeding it.
Which supplements?

Back