Pick my fish

rodasphoto

Market
Reaction score
I am setting up a 65g and was wondering what reef safe fish you would put in the tank.
So far I have 2 snowflake clowns. I am thinking of adding (1-2) chromis and was thinking a pair of Lyretail anthias. What else would you put in?

There are slews of gorgeous reef safe wrasses that will live comfortably in that tank , also im a fan of coral beauty angel

Bcavalli;1020151 wrote: Yellow Coris Wrasse. They are a beautiful fish that is peaceful, fun to watch and eats pests.

That is pretty fish. I don't have much a sand bed esp. with egg crate to protect the bottom. will this pose a problem?

Rodasphoto;1020152 wrote: That is pretty fish. I don't have much a sand bed esp. with egg crate to protect the bottom. will this pose a problem?

Unfortunately, he won't work for you then. :( they require a decent amount of sand to bury themselves in a cocoon at night.

To bad. I really like that fish. I just do not want to have a DSB anymore. It got ugly in BC29.

Fun fish for that size tank.

Firefish(any)
Wrasses(fairies and flashers)
Anthias (lyretails, bartletts)
Chromis (buy twice as many as you actually want)
Small hogfish(two spot, candy stripe)
Chalk bass
Royal grammas
Purple psudochromis
gobie and pistol shrimp pair

Tbub1221;1020150 wrote: There are slews of gorgeous reef safe wrasses that will live comfortably in that tank , also im a fan of coral beauty angel

Plenty of non-burrowing wrasses. Check out flasher wrasses and fairy wrasses. I have an orange back fairy wrasse that is beautiful.

As far anthias go will a pair of Ignitus Anthias be OK? I want the easiest to care for Anthias possible.

Goby pistol shrimp pair are fun to watch. There are a large variety of gobies to choose from. Yellow tangs are also nice. I'm partial to lawnmower Blennies. I think they are super cool. Dwarf Angels are hit or miss.

My fav's
--------------
Midas Blenny
Ruby Red Dragonette- male
McCorki Wrasse- female
Blue Heads Wrasse - male
Yellow Tang - if you want a tang you don't want to add tons of others in a 65.
IMO it takes the place of 3 fish.

Rodasphoto;1020166 wrote: As far anthias go will a pair of Ignitus Anthias be OK? I want the easiest to care for Anthias possible.

Lyretails, bartletts and square backs are the easiest, in that order.

Rodasphoto;1020178 wrote: I did not think I could keep a tang in a 65g.

You could keep a yellow tang if your tank has ample swimming room and not over crowded with rock and fish.

Here is my tank. I am still cycling it.Do you think that is enough room?
IMG_20150228_142855605.jpg
alt="" />

Bcavalli;1020151 wrote: Yellow Coris Wrasse. They are a beautiful fish that is peaceful, fun to watch and eats pests.

I am adding that one to my list...lol

Bcavalli;1020223 wrote: For your little one or the fish? Lol.

:lol2: The tank is for the fish. I upgrading for my daughter to shut down this baby death trap with its hoses and wires all over the place.
IMG_20150218_174146928_HDR.jpg
alt="" />

No way I would put a tang in that tank. I would vote for a yellow coris wrasse or a jawfish. You can add a bit more sand in one area and not deepen your sandbed all over.

stacy22;1020273 wrote: No way I would put a tang in that tank. I would vote for a yellow coris wrasse or a jawfish. You can add a bit more sand in one area and not deepen your sandbed all over.
I am not going to add it the biocube it would be in the 65 gal.

Back