Pick my lights

Well time to re-up my supporting membership since apparently spell checking before posting is too hard for me to comprehend.

Not many people know about these yet but they may well be the best reef lights money can buy, and they're not even that expensive at $500 per module. Super wide blue band and excellent cooling and build quality.

Craft aquatic has a glowing review on the first version. Not much out there yet on this upgraded version but it should be a significant improvement over what was already a great light.

Not many people know about these yet but they may well be the best reef lights money can buy, and they're not even that expensive at $500 per module. Super wide blue band and excellent cooling and build quality.

Craft aquatic has a glowing review on the first version. Not much out there yet on this upgraded version but it should be a significant improvement over what was already a great light.

I've researched these as well. Apparently the Jam! If i was going to change from my vipars I would choose these or orphek.

My custom tank is 6 feet long and 30 inches deep, and for the past 4 years I use 3 AI Hydra 52 units. It grows everything. Monti goes so crazy, I am regularly giving away huge chunks (see my post in the "Free Stuff" forums!). Seems like 2 units would cover your tank well. I know the new Hydra 64s are about $700, so that is higher than $1k budget, but not insanely over.

I just made the switch from a bunch of AI Prime 16HD’s to two Noo-Psyche K7 vIII Pros. For $200, you get a 140w Full Spectrum LED light and mount. They are app and Wi-Fi controlled and have excellent customer service. Be warned, these lights are SUPER POWERFUL.

Attachments

• 6D95E61B-EE0C-4476-AD7B-72429DEA6E95.jpeg
    6D95E61B-EE0C-4476-AD7B-72429DEA6E95.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 19
I just made the switch from a bunch of AI Prime 16HD’s to two Noo-Psyche K7 vIII Pros. For $200, you get a 140w Full Spectrum LED light and mount. They are app and Wi-Fi controlled and have excellent customer service. Be warned, these lights are SUPER POWERFUL.
Post in 6 months what your growth has been like. I have one on a biocube and the spread sucks something awful.

I’ve had them for three so far and everything in my tank is thriving. I guess with the “black-box” stuff it can be hit or miss as far as quality standards.
Hey if they are working for you that's awesome. I tore down and rebooted the biocube the other week. It's the first time in 10 years combined reefing I've had to totally reboot a system and also the only time I've ever run LED and it happened to be a Noop V3 so I'm a bit sour. Price is right on them if they work though.

I've got the Noopv3 on the biocube still. Adjusted some things with a PAR meter and rebooted it all with new sand new rocks and new water. Transfered only two fish and a couple softies and a pair of clowns.

Hey if they are working for you that's awesome. I tore down and rebooted the biocube the other week. It's the first time in 10 years combined reefing I've had to totally reboot a system and also the only time I've ever run LED and it happened to be a Noop V3 so I'm a bit sour. Price is right on them if they work though.

I've got the Noopv3 on the biocube still. Adjusted some things with a PAR meter and rebooted it all with new sand new rocks and new water. Transfered only two fish and a couple softies and a pair of clowns.
This is how I'm running my Marine X right now, 90% softies with a couple montis close to the top.

Attachments

• 68F59594-C8D7-44B7-90E9-78A98B9EDE03.jpeg
    68F59594-C8D7-44B7-90E9-78A98B9EDE03.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 20
Everyone's milage may vary, but the Noopsyches V2s work well for me. Best results I've ever had in 13 years in the hobby. Growth is very good. This tank is three years old, including a significant crash due to vapors from floor refinishing 1.5 years ago and a massive infestation of monti eating nudibrachs last summer. I rely on auto water changes and a xenia refugium. I have no skimmer or mechanical filtration.

Attachments

• 20230217_215207.jpg
    20230217_215207.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 19
Everyone's milage may vary, but the Noopsyches V2s work well for me. Best results I've ever had in 13 years in the hobby. Growth is very good. This tank is three years old, including a significant crash due to vapors from floor refinishing 1.5 years ago and a massive infestation of monti eating nudibrachs last summer. I rely on auto water changes and a xenia refugium. I have no skimmer or mechanical filtration.
Absolutely beautiful reef! #Goals

That's very nice, and I think we have similar approaches with minimal filtration and coral choices. Very good looking reef.

Well neither new phoenix will fire with either of my ballasts. Bulbs looked like junk upon arrival with loose pieces of glass inside and poor casting quality.

Sorry you had that experience. Who was the seller? I got some recently from light bulb superstore USA and they were packaged good and fired up fine.
1676940711565.png

Sorry you had that experience. Who was the seller? I got some recently from light bulb superstore USA and they were packaged good and fired up fine.
View attachment 72095
I purchased from the same. Not sure what was up but they did not appear to be the same quality as others I've received over the years and would not fire.

I pulled the trigger on 4 noopsyche v3. They are pretty spotlighty but I figure so are kessils so I went with 4 of them and figure with that many units I can run moderate intensity and get decent spread.

Back