Pico question?

Rock looks good man! I think sand is going to be difficult to keep clean in a Pico. Having said that, I like how sand looks also. You can add a mini sand sifting star fish if you can find one small enough.

Curtismaximus;953123 wrote: Rock looks good man! I think sand is going to be difficult to keep clean in a Pico. Having said that, I like how sand looks also. You can add a mini sand sifting star fish if you can find one small enough.
That was my thoughts. . But I think I'm going to put sand in it and give it a try

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

they use to make a heating pad heater..I'm not sure of the brand...but some sort of pad heater would get the big stick out of there.

heathlindner25;953147 wrote: they use to make a heating pad heater..I'm not sure of the brand...but some sort of pad heater would get the big stick out of there.

Yea I think they still make those for bettas but idk if the sand would be too good of an insulator.

Curtismaximus;952857 wrote: A cylinder tank? Do you have any pics?

I'm curious also because I am setting up a jbj 3 gal picotope. I am going to mod an aquaclear but haven't decided on lighting yet.

I had one of those up and running for about a year. Coralife makes a 12" power compact light that fits perfectly over the tank and lights it up enough for softys lps and some low light sps

Picoreefguy;953157 wrote: I had one of those up and running for about a year. Coralife makes a 12" power compact light that fits perfectly over the tank and lights it up enough for softys lps and some low light sps

It's only 8" in dia.. was thinking a clamp on light with the par 38 bulb would be good? No?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

<p style="text-align:right">
Picoreefguy;953157 wrote: I had one of those up and running for about a year. Coralife makes a 12" power compact light that fits perfectly over the tank and lights it up enough for softys lps and some low light sps

I was wondering when you were going to join us!?

Do you have a link to the light you are talking about?

Curtismaximus;953207 wrote: <p style="text-align:right">

I was wondering when you were going to join us!?

Do you have a link to the light you are talking about?

i dont but give me a minute and ill look it up. and if nothing else i have one i can post a pic of to help you find one.

well i scoured google images and found only one image that was the same one as mine the rest were the larger fixtures that were 24" or more. and it lead to an old ebay post so i doubt they even make this light anymore but you can probably pick up a couple 12"t5 fixtures to put over it. i can post a pic of mine tomorrow if you want. but i doubt itll help much seeing as there werent many on google.

Here is a CF that works good

a>

JC_k;953581 wrote: Here is a CF that works good

http://www.aquatraders.com/14-inch-1x24W-Power-Compact-Light-Fixture-p/51106.htm">http://www.aquatraders.com/14-inch-1x24W-Power-Compact-Light-Fixture-p/51106.htm</a>[/QUOTE]

That might work thanks.

Back