pics of my reef

yeah Joseph,i have a frag of the multiacuta on the rack waiting on you.
thanks again everybody.Jimmy,but you forget,you cant color up acros with leds,didnt you know?lol:)

totally awesome!
love seeing sweet looking tanks like this, lets me know that I have some work to do......lol!
hats off to you.

reeferman;1043601 wrote: No supplements.calcium reactor,kalk in ato and LRS Reef Frenzy fish food daily.
30% wc every 3 weeks,carbon and gfo in small amounts

Wow! Thank you Reggie!

Really inspirational tank you have!

Can you describe how long you run your lights and at what intensities? Thanks!

dylpik27;1043615 wrote: Can you describe how long you run your lights and at what intensities? Thanks!

My lights run 12 hrs.
Royal Blues start off ramping up from 0-90% at 9:30.takes them several hrs to reach maximum intensity and they stay there for maybe 7 hrs.
Cool whites start ramping up at 10:30 and reach max intensity of 55% for about 5 hrs.
Warm whites(high noons)start ramping up to max intensity of 55% and stay there for 2 hrs and everything slowly ramps down from there.my spectrum changes all day but at high noon intensity,it's probably somewhere near a 16k in guessing.
I only use optics (90 degree)on about 30 of the 120 total LEDs.
Thanks for everyone's comments

reeferman;1043717 wrote: My lights run 12 hrs.
Royal Blues start off ramping up from 0-90% at 9:30.takes them several hrs to reach maximum intensity and they stay there for maybe 7 hrs.
Cool whites start ramping up at 10:30 and reach max intensity of 55% for about 5 hrs.
Warm whites(high noons)start ramping up to max intensity of 55% and stay there for 2 hrs and everything slowly ramps down from there.my spectrum changes all day but at high noon intensity,it's probably somewhere near a 16k in guessing.
I only use optics (90 degree)on about 30 of the 120 total LEDs.
Thanks for everyone's comments

Awesome info. Thanks for taking the time, Reggie. You're tank is a piece of art.

What do yours parameters running at? Beautiful tank by the way!

very impressive growth over the past year if all those acros were nubs you saved during the ice storm.

Have you taken any precautions or made new provisions for future winters?

Thanks Ralph,means a lot coming from you.thanks everyone for the great compliments.
I have a generator and had one then too but my elderly parents were without power too so I took them my generator.its easy to replace corals but not so easy to replace parents.
My params run about calcium 400,alk8.5 not sure about any others as I haven't checked them in some time.im not one who gets anal about testing or numbers.i have a maintenance schedule and stick to it so there's very little deviation in my params

Do you feed heavy? What are you using for nutrient reduction/control?

Back